Rk triple rate coils vs metal cloak dual rate coil both 3.5 kits ?

Gmoney727

Hey just curious curious if the new rk triple rate coils will have a better dd ride then metal cloak dual rates thanks

Hey just curious curious if the new rk triple rate coils will have a better dd ride then metal cloak dual rates thanks

I had the metalcloak coils for awhile and really liked them. They rode very good on the road. I have coilovers now and the metalcloak coils ride just as good on the highway. It's offroad you can feel a difference though between the coilover and the coils. If I was gonna buy a set of coils I would buy another set of the metalcloak coils for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gmoney727

Thanks for the input rite now I have a 3 in bds lift on a 14 jku and I feel it's harsh as a dd so for awhile I been thinking bout metal cloak 3.5 lite lift and today I noticed rk changed to triple rate coil so just tryin to find a smoother dd thanks

Thanks for the input rite now I have a 3 in bds lift on a 14 jku and I feel it's harsh as a dd so for awhile I been thinking bout metal cloak 3.5 lite lift and today I noticed rk changed to triple rate coil so just tryin to find a smoother dd thanks

I had the metalcloak lite lift and really liked it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

If you want smooth for DD, get the Evo plush ride. No one comes close on the soft coil rate. One a dual rate coil gets worn in and weight on it, you're riding and flexing on the stiffer rate.

liljohn850

If you want smooth for DD, get the Evo plush ride. No one comes close on the soft coil rate. One a dual rate coil gets worn in and weight on it, you're riding and flexing on the stiffer rate.

what he said....
MC springs aren't bad at all, I rode in a jk with the game changer lift and the 6pak shocks and the mc springs. it is indeed a nice ride, but what are you chasing here? I had the evo 3" PR's with some plain ol 5100 shocks and my jeep rode better than my wifes brand new stupid pathfinder. the ride is softer and way more comfy. but i had a little more body roll than I'd like on a race track. not that my jeep was a racecar.... but it's a comparison. the body roll is nothing worse than a stock jk with the sway bars disconnected (fyi, don't do that, it's not fun, and it was done by an accident.) the Evo springs are amazing springs for what MOST of us are looking for.

Gmoney727

I'm chasing a nicer ride then what I have with my bds lift for my dd but something that will handle trails on the weekend I live in nyc so these pothole can make the ride pretty rough I know I own a jeep not a car but just looking for a better ride. I 4.88 gears 35in trail grapplers drag link flip looking to put winch bumper up front and tire carrier rear. I'm leaning towards mc for everything just wanted input in the ride between rk new coils and mc coil

Thanks

liljohn850

I'm chasing a nicer ride then what I have with my bds lift for my dd but something that will handle trails on the weekend I live in nyc so these pothole can make the ride pretty rough I know I own a jeep not a car but just looking for a better ride. I 4.88 gears 35in trail grapplers drag link flip looking to put winch bumper up front and tire carrier rear. I'm leaning towards mc for everything just wanted input in the ride between rk new coils and mc coil

Thanks

Those two depend a lot on shocks. But, since you're going big I'd consider the evo 4" plush rides. I'm not one to push a brand, but evo nailed those springs. I'll have them on the next one if I don't go straight coilovers.

Jeepfan30

I would love some input on this too, I just ordered RK 3.5 triple rates for my 2014 JKU. I am replacing some 3" Fabtech coils, they hold weight very well, but are a bit stiff paired with Fox 2.0 shocks. I am looking for a little softer ride without swaying too much while taking a corner. If anyone has feedback on the RK triple rates vs Metal Cloak vs Evo that would be great! Thanks,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

What he said. If you're looking for a nice comfortable ride, no coil comes close to the EVO plush rides. Variable rate, dual rate, triple rate or whatever rate coils are all geared to hold up your rig when loaded up - they are NOT designed to provide a nice soft ride. And, while they may be able to hold up the weight without causing too much sag, doing so will leave you riding on the stiffer rate side of the coil.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I went from 2.5" tf springs to the 3" plush rides and I love it. My main comparison is down the street from me there is as good dip in the road which I could only go about 25 on which hit hard with the tf coils and cuz I had to test it....about 45 with the plush rides lol. Offroad they are just as good and I would recommend them any day. I get compliments once and a while giving someone a ride saying wow I didn't think it would ride like this.

Top Bottom