Costco Purchase Program For Jeeps?

naysjp

Caught the Bug
As I posted a couple of days ago, my Jeep was stolen after 10 years. I would rather have it back but I am preparing for the inevitable. I've not purchased a vehicle in 10 yrs and hate the process. Do some people think the Costco auto purchase program is worth looking into? I don't know anyone who works for Chrysler where I could get an Friends/Family discount so I am looking for the besting pricing on a JK. I've leaning towards new since I keep my vehicles for along time. This will only be my 4th vehicle in my life time so I have no problem buying new. Looking at getting a new JK Rubicon. I had a 2DR TJ but like the room of the 4DR. I heard Costco was $500 a box invoice price but not sure of that. Just want to know if anyone every used Costco.

SaddleTramp

We used this last year. My employer has a discount program with Chrysler that was going to give us 1% below invoice, the same that others have gotten through Tread Lightly, etc. but the Costco offer was 2% below invoice. We're already Costco members so I just printed out the form when I went in to order what we wanted with the internet manager.

Worked pretty well for us, probably not anything more that what you could accomplish with some haggling but it was pretty pain free without an of the BS and games and I don't think I spent more that 15 minutes at the dealership both to order and when picking it up on arrival.

Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
If not Costco, are you a member of a credit union. My credit union has a auto department that helps get what you want and delivers to the bank for you to pick up.:twocents::idontknow:

I get supplier discount.... This said, I have always been able to negotiate lower than than that price. (With exception to the last order we made, you sacrifice some negotiation ability when ordering.)

Not dealing with the hassle does have some value though. If you're not a negotiator, then I would use the deal! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I posted a couple of days ago, my Jeep was stolen after 10 years. I would rather have it back but I am preparing for the inevitable. I've not purchased a vehicle in 10 yrs and hate the process. Do some people think the Costco auto purchase program is worth looking into? I don't know anyone who works for Chrysler where I could get an Friends/Family discount so I am looking for the besting pricing on a JK. I've leaning towards new since I keep my vehicles for along time. This will only be my 4th vehicle in my life time so I have no problem buying new. Looking at getting a new JK Rubicon. I had a 2DR TJ but like the room of the 4DR. I heard Costco was $500 a box invoice price but not sure of that. Just want to know if anyone every used Costco.

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear about your old TJ getting stolen :grayno:

Regarding Costco, I have used them in the past and have been happy with the experience. If you can be patient to get what you really want, I would recommend using them. Good luck to you and I suppose in a way, congratulations as well.

JKWrang

For any service members, USAA has a car buying program for their members which is a great deal as well. I got my JK Sport 2014 for way less than I thought I would, including extra warranties and all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Regulator20

I just used Costco to buy my Rubicon and it was so easy and helpful. The Costco price was at invoice but when I mentioned I wanted to compare the Tread Lightly price the dealer went to 2% under invoice. I know others have had better luck getting a larger discount but I was pretty happy. Plus the dealer knows Costco is going to send you a survey about your experience and will try their best to make sure you're satisfied.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MrHooah04

For any service members, USAA has a car buying program for their members which is a great deal as well. I got my JK Sport 2014 for way less than I thought I would, including extra warranties and all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Definitely would recommend this as well..if it applies.

Top Bottom