2014 jku alignment issues

shortyokc

New to the wrangler world but have had 2 prior jeeps. I have a jku with a pro comp stage 1 lift which is coils, shocks, and rear track bar relocation bracket. I have been fighting a pull to the right since February. I run 30 psi on 35 inch tires, swapped tires and sides to verify no tire/wheel issues. I added the aev geometry brackets which helped several other issues accept the pull to right. There is also a procomp dual stabilizer. I was looking at buying the evolution drag link flip kit for handling but also to hopefully re center my front axle raising the bar 3 inches. It has been on the dealer rack 5 times and told nothing is wrong and the axle being off center is not a problem. Any help or suggestions or am I on the right track?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1411684091039.jpg
    1411684091039.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 178

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Is this driving on the slow lane? Some roads have a crown and even our stock jeep pulls to the right in some roads. I find myself having to hold the wheel to the left when I drive on roads with a more pronounced crown.

shortyokc

I have tried city, interstate, several different lanes, directions depending on wind and always the same outcome. I drove a stock wrangler for 2 days on my normal routes and was perfectly fine.

shortyokc

Thanks!! I am running fuel mud gripper which from what I read are basically toyos

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thanks!! I am running fuel mud gripper which from what I read are basically toyos

Some tires, mostly directional tread usually have some pull also. Never heard of fuel mud gripper. I'll have to check them out. Good luck figuring this out. Maybe someone who went through this and found a solution will chime in

shortyokc

Thanks for your help, just turned 6000 miles. Ball joints feel fine when jacked up to ck for play and no physical damage or torn boots

shortyokc

Pic of the tread pattern

Attachments

• 1411686848674.jpg
    1411686848674.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 160

jeeeep

Hooked
New to the wrangler world but have had 2 prior jeeps. I have a jku with a pro comp stage 1 lift which is coils, shocks, and rear track bar relocation bracket. I have been fighting a pull to the right since February. I run 30 psi on 35 inch tires, swapped tires and sides to verify no tire/wheel issues. I added the aev geometry brackets which helped several other issues accept the pull to right. There is also a procomp dual stabilizer. I was looking at buying the evolution drag link flip kit for handling but also to hopefully re center my front axle raising the bar 3 inches. It has been on the dealer rack 5 times and told nothing is wrong and the axle being off center is not a problem. Any help or suggestions or am I on the right track?

try removing the procomp dual stabilizer and put the stock SS back on, the single stock SS should be all you need.

shortyokc

I originally had the stock stabilizer up to 1 month ago the dealer installed the dual stabilizer trying to fix the issue

Roscoj

I bought a set of these tires for my truck last year. I was trying to save a few hundred while getting a larger tire. I had the same problem. The Alighnment wouldn't fix it. I called fuel and they said it was not a toyo. I called toyo and they said it is not there tire even though it looks like an exact copy. Long story short I sold the fuels and went with toyo. Problem fixed.
Hopefully you get it figured out. I struggled with it for almost a year before I threw in the towel.

shortyokc

Hmm:eek: maybe I'll borrow a set of factory tires from someone locally to experiment...

Mr. Rubi1

My son's 2010 had the same issue, we took the stabilizer off to see how it would do and it would drive straight. We reinstalled it and it pulled again to the right. I was told by a 4X4 shop to extend the stabilizer all the way towards the drivers side and that should fix it? Haven't tried it yet, but hopefully today. Will let you know.

My son's 2010 had the same issue, we took the stabilizer off to see how it would do and it would drive straight. We reinstalled it and it pulled again to the right. I was told by a 4X4 shop to extend the stabilizer all the way towards the drivers side and that should fix it? Haven't tried it yet, but hopefully today. Will let you know.

Mounted all the way extended ?
That makes no sense.

Do you have a aftermarket or stock stab ? Some of the higher charged gas stabilizers will push the jeep to the drivers side. There's really nothing that can be done but reinstalling the stock stabilizer.

Top Bottom