Evo coil over Question

Tdkrawler

Hi I have just recieved a set of front and rear coilovers, to install in my jk :D

But after speaking to a couple of other jeepers in aus who run this set up.
I have noticed they have 2 12" springs front and rear.
Where as I have 4 12" inch springs up front and 2 x 10" springs and 2x 12" springs in the rear.

I was just wondering if I am being robbed of 2 inches of travel in the rear?
And why?
Was there issues with to much flex in the rear, etc etc....

Thanks,
Matt

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I have just recieved a set of front and rear coilovers, to install in my jk :D

But after speaking to a couple of other jeepers in aus who run this set up.
I have noticed they have 2 12" springs front and rear.
Where as I have 4 12" inch springs up front and 2 x 10" springs and 2x 12" springs in the rear.

I was just wondering if I am being robbed of 2 inches of travel in the rear?
And why?
Was there issues with to much flex in the rear, etc etc....

Thanks,
Matt

The springs you have do not determine the amount of flex you have. The length of your coil over shocks do. I don't know what springs you have but they are most likely just rated differently than what your friends have. I couldn't say why the change was made but, it could be it was made to address a new understanding of weight loads most people are carrying or ride comfort or both. Either way, you could contact EVO and they should be able to tell you why they did what they did but again, your flex will not be any different.

Tdkrawler

Thanks.
Main reason I was concerned was the fact I had ordered 300 lb springs for the front and had plan to swap out the 200lb springs in the rear, with surplus 250 fronts.
The 200lb springs are only 10" and all 250 lb springs were 12"
Should have no dramas getting the 12" ones in so I'm told...
The diesel donk weighs a fair bit more then the petrol versions.
Part of the reason I went straight for coil overs, so I could have that adjustability.

I know these things have been designed with flex in mind, so am certain that of the rear shocks had been shortened, it would be with good reason.

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:

georgesadlik

Matt,

The standard setup is 12" 250 / 12" 250 front with 10" 200 / 12" 250 on the rear. this is a good basic setup for your JK. Trust me I know ;) Otherwise hit me up offline and I'll tell you what we've done differently to ours. But I'll be honest, I'm about to revert back to the stock setup and lower our JK 1/2" just because I want it sitting as low as possible. The EVO bolt on kit is great once it's set up properly. You've seen the pics of our page. Later this year I'll be tuning wioth King Shocks Australia to further tune the coilovers to Australian conditions. Get in touch mate and I'll be more than happy to talk you through the setup. Heck, even come around and kick some tyres ;)

Cheers

George.

Top Bottom