TeraFlex : If it Breaks, It's Your Fault

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been involved in the Jeep industry for quite some time now and honestly, during that time, I have NEVER heard anything as crazy as what I just heard from Dennis at TeraFlex regarding their tire carrier. Apparently, if your breaks, it's YOUR FAULT! But, in spite of the fact that you didn't read the directions correctly or didn't mount the spare properly - they'll take care of you anyway.

teraflex-breaks.jpg

To TeraFlex, it only takes one to really hurt someone. I hope you realize that...

It's sad when a company doesn't even take responsibility for the shitty products that they put out. I wanna see the data to back that the TF carrier is the #1 carrier on the market...:thinking:

SDG

Caught the Bug
He is correct actually...

It is a 100% user install problem...

Problem being that the user decided to install a teraflex tire carrier...

And just to be honest, I do own 2 teraflex products...

I can say with 100% certainty that they both suck... fitment... and build quality is shit (mudflaps). For $100 I would expect that they could make $15 in parts fit together better. Its all off the shelf shit, and its fits like shit.

Last edited:

DA RUNT

#1 selling tire carrier :thinking:, thousands on the road and each one a potential for disaster!!! Nothing like placing the blame on the customer, the very essence of your company's existence. Way to go Dennis :asshat:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's sad when a company doesn't even take responsibility for the shitty products that they put out. I wanna see the data to back that the TF carrier is the #1 carrier on the market...:thinking:

"thousands upon thousands" is what he said is out there. And, I would argue, even IF it's true - it only takes one to really hurt someone. It's nice to know that such a stand up company is willing to play Russian Roulette with the innocent like this. :naw:

He is correct actually...

It is a 100% user install problem...

Problem being that the user decided to install a teraflex tire carrier...

Sad but true but really, how can you blame most of them. They were "sold" on the idea that they really needed to spend $700 on something that has proven itself to be more dangerous than the factory tire carrier.

JK12

It just blows my mind how someone who owns a business could care less about their product breaking and potentially hurting or killing people.. It's all about the money for Dennis. It's a shame how people still defend that asshole.

jmatta33

wow. just wow. thats like the jerry sandusky "I didnt rape all the boys" arguement. dont worry about the handful of life threatening failures in our product, just worry about the good ones. not that I ever planned on getting any teraflex garbage, but now I know I will never own anything by this company.

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

and dear god look at the people supporting this clown... there are really people out there that hate Eddie so much that they will blindly support a company that sells shit products that risk peoples lives just to spite him. Eddie I think it official. You have more haters than Lebron when he left Cleveland.

RLTW!!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
As I said on facebook ...

GM had the same mentality with the ignition switches. Only a couple faulty ones out of the millions of cars... No problem here. Couple deaths later, they are paying for it..

As I said on facebook ...

GM had the same mentality with the ignition switches. Only a couple faulty ones out of the millions of cars... No problem here. Couple deaths later, they are paying for it..

Really hoping it doesnt come to that... I couldnt even imagine if something like that happened because of something on my vehicle. Hence why I wont even think about buying that piece of garbage

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Here's a couple of fanboy posts that were made on our FB page that I just had to share. This first one actually tries to suggest that all tire carriers will break at some point and time :cheesy:

tyler-snow-01.jpg

This next one is great...

tyler-snow-02.jpg

Who purposefully compares their product of choice with Shittybilt? And, in all fairness, I have never heard of one breaking :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It just blows my mind how someone who owns a business could care less about their product breaking and potentially hurting or killing people.. It's all about the money for Dennis. It's a shame how people still defend that asshole.

Dennis does not own teraflex. Probably not a good chance in holding him liable for anything. If your family member dies because of something his company sold and I'll guarantee he sleeps just fine that night.

munstie

10 people jumped off a cliff and 8 survived you think teraflex would jump as well,I mean hell they would probably love those odds. smh

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
10 people jumped off a cliff and 8 survived you think teraflex would jump as well,I mean hell they would probably love those odds. smh

They would probably push the survivors over again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke the first.

munstie

Man, that is just so wrong but only because you're probably so right.

I still find it amusing that people think you are bashing them,when as far as I recall you have never said they make bad products,just go to prove awareness spreads fear and some butt hurt along the way.👍 Hell never heard any issues outta shrckworks stuff and I still check my carrier out from month to month.

munstie

They would probably push the survivors over again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke the first.

That or throw in two more people and call them updates.lol:D I bet Prime8 could solve all there metallurgy problems lol

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

If there were no issues and the tire carrier is flawless... why the need for the updated versions? :thinking:

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

KingCopperhead

They'd just blame it on the people who jumped :-x

What a joke. Once my axle upgrade is done I'm going to exorcise all teraflex parts from my rig. Thankfully their garbage tire carrier is not one of those parts.

Must admit when I first purchased my Jeep I was doing a lot of research on products and Terracrap kept coming up in my searches. After watching the video's I was sold; however something was telling me no. Then I found the WAYALIFE YouTube channel and began watching Moby in the early years running LoD items. After seeing how Moby performed on the trails especially in the Pilgrimage to Moab I was sold. What I found interesting is that I did not see one person in that series run a Terracrap product.

Anyway after reading abou the potential problems I am gald Eddie and his great forum saved me a lot of money. Wish I had did a little more research on lifts. :grayno:

R/
Will

Top Bottom