I-15 Vegas to LA

Hightower

Does anyone else feel that it is up hill most of the way from Vegas to LA, but if true shouldn't Vegas be under water?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, that's called the 3.8L40"PR60 effect. And yes, that is one word. :rock:

:cheesy: amen to that :clap2:

truth be told, the only real uphill is primm to the top of mountain pass and then from the bottom of cima rd to the top of halloran summit. the rest is for the most part, downhill.

Hightower

GCM 2 said:

wayoflife said:
Haha we all need Hemi's

:cheesy: amen to that :clap2:

truth be told, the only real uphill is primm to the top of mountain pass and then from the bottom of cima rd to the top of halloran summit. the rest is for the most part, downhill.

I want to so badly believe you Eddie but my Exxon/Mobil card is making such a good argument on the other side. ;-)

Hightower

GCM 2 said:

I have never seen that word before could you spell it in French Canadian maybe then I would understand what you are trying to say. ;-)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want to so badly believe you Eddie but my Exxon/Mobil card is making such a good argument on the other side. ;-)

LOL!! you most likely were driving into a headwind - very common when heading from vegas to LA and, it can be just as bad if not worse than climbing a hill.

GCM 2

LOL!! you most likely were driving into a headwind - very common when heading from vegas to LA and, it can be just as bad if not worse than climbing a hill.

I get anxiety wondering if the winds are in my favor driving back and forth to the L.A. area from Phoenix on I-10. I really don't care to much about the 2-3 mpg drop in mileage at times, its just my little 3.8L seems to really be working so hard in head winds that it gets frustrating watching that tachometer redline and wondering just when the rev limiter is not going to work that one time :icon_crazy: 2007-2011 autos suck!

Hightower

GCM 2 said:
I get anxiety wondering if the winds are in my favor driving back and forth to the L.A. area from Phoenix on I-10. I really don't care to much about the 2-3 mpg drop in mileage at times, its just my little 3.8L seems to really be working so hard in head winds that it gets frustrating watching that tachometer redline and wondering just when the rev limiter is not going to work that one time :icon_crazy: 2007-2011 autos suck!

I'm not sure if the ten has them but I love the special lane on the 15 they made for JK's on the right side of the hiway with the hard white line on your left.The semi trucks do sometimes block this lane, I find if you tale gate them long enough they move over eventually.

GCM 2

I'm not sure if the ten has them but I love the special lane on the 15 they made for JK's on the right side of the hiway with the hard white line on your left.The semi trucks do sometimes block this lane, I find if you tale gate them long enough they move over eventually.

From PHX to LA, there are no truck lanes. For the most part it's really not that mountainous, and the uphill sections really aren't that steep. But heading west when you just get past Palm Springs/Desert Springs and start climbing into the mountain pass at Whitewater, you almost need a chain to strap your hood down. The wind ripping up through the pass coming from the coast will have your hood buffeting like crazy and the jeep changing lanes on its own. It feels kind of dangerous.

Top Bottom