Dana 30 and 37's?

pvanweelden

I see alot of people asking the question - is it safe to run 37's on a Dana 30? How about 35's? What if I truss and gusset?

Well this Dana 30 had it all- chromo shafts, truss, gussets, and locked.
1413003462687.jpg

And only running 33's

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

2013CGJKU

I see alot of people asking the question - is it safe to run 37's on a Dana 30? How about 35's? What if I truss and gusset?

View attachment 105051

And only running 33's

IMO, The locker is the issue there. The dana 30 just shouldn't be locked up, no matter what size tires you are running.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

MTG

Caught the Bug

View attachment 105051

And only running 33's

That wouldn't have broke if you had a teraflex track bar. Guaranteed. :thumb:

pvanweelden

IMO, The locker is the issue there. The dana 30 just shouldn't be locked up, no matter what size tires you are running.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

What proof of anything do you have to add to this conversation besides what you have read on the Internet? Bonjour

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol calm down dude. You are jumping on everyone because you think you know it all. People are just asking questions.

pvanweelden

How did I say I know it all? I am just trying to show people that a Dana 30 is not as strong as they think it is.

JohnnyX

This is right where I need to be cus I'm gettin my 2 door locked up n runnin chromoly front n back 513 gears too it's a 08 w/ 3.5" AEV suspension on 35's

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
This is right where I need to be cus I'm gettin my 2 door locked up n runnin chromoly front n back 513 gears too it's a 08 w/ 3.5" AEV suspension on 35's

Welcome to the forum. So you're going to run a locked d30 with 5.13 gears?

JohnnyX

Yes I did see ur pic n I am at odds at what to do cus I get so many different opinions frm people the guy that's doin the work is a very reputable Jeep mechanic in So Cal n tells me it will be fine n I wheel w/ a few guys that have beefed up D30 front axles w/ no issues runnin 35" tires like me n guys on the other side tellin me not to do it so its a toss up

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes I did see ur pic n I am at odds at what to do cus I get so many different opinions frm people the guy that's doin the work is a very reputable Jeep mechanic in So Cal n tells me it will be fine n I wheel w/ a few guys that have beefed up D30 front axles w/ no issues runnin 35" tires like me n guys on the other side tellin me not to do it so its a toss up

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure how you can "beef up" the tiny ring and pinion on a d30. That's going to be your weak link.

Top Bottom