Truck Lite and Rigid Fogs

flotto

I'm thinking of buying the truck-lite and rigid package deal from northrdige. My only concern is in live in Minnesota and I heard the LEDs don't heat up enough when it gets cold.

Anyone have experience with this?

Sent via Tapatalk on my LG G3

Ceithre

Truck lite is working on another version that has a defroster wait for those that's what i'm waiting on

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While Truck-Lite is working on a defrosting headlight, I don't think it'll be out anytime soon. I have Truck-Lite LED's on my JK's and they don't do too much worse than regular JK headlights in the snow. I wouldn't let that stop you from the HUGE benefits they offer over factory headlights.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
While Truck-Lite is working on a defrosting headlight, I don't think it'll be out anytime soon. I have Truck-Lite LED's on my JK's and they don't do too much worse than regular JK headlights in the snow. I wouldn't let that stop you from the HUGE benefits they offer over factory headlights.

I'm with Eddie on this. The visibility is greatly improved over the rather crappy stock lights. If you have to get out and use an ice scraper now and then, I think the benefit outweighs the minor hassle.

BadAndy

I have had mine for 2 winters now and they will get covered pretty quickly in wet snow. I would have my lights completely covered in the 11 mile drive home. But until the defrosting version comes out there isn't a better headlight IMHO.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I love my TL headlights, but I'm still running my stock fogs due to the winters up here in New England. I had to use my stock fog lights about 5 times or so last winter until I had a place I could pull over and scrap the headlights off. Didn't happen that often, but two of the times I was in near blizzard conditions on the highway in VT and the headlights were covered in less than 5 minutes. This is the only reason I haven't replaced the stock fogs yet.

-Matt

Top Bottom