My ESC light is on

jodonn

Came on the other day while I was on the NJ turnpike (flat land). Went off after a few engine cycles. Stayed off for a day and now it's back on. Any ideas? I have no lift everything is stock.

HILLZ

Came on the other day while I was on the NJ turnpike (flat land). Went off after a few engine cycles. Stayed off for a day and now it's back on. Any ideas? I have no lift everything is stock.

Have you been off road in recently and not cleaned in and around the wheels and brakes, might be a bit of gunk on one of the wheel sensors either that or maybe a faulty wheel sensor.
I'm sure others will chime in with some more possibilities as well.
Hope this helps.

jodonn

The steering wheel is good. I think it is a bad sensor. The light goes on and off every other day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The steering wheel is good. I think it is a bad sensor. The light goes on and off every other day.

You're absolutely sure it's 100% dead centered? Because, the fact that it goes on and off typically means it's a bit off and your Jeep occasionally thinks that you're in a slide. If it were a bad speed sensor, your BAS, ESP and ABS lights will go on and stay on.

jodonn

Finally got the jeep in the shop. It turned out to be the steering angle sensor. Nice to have that light off the dash. My daughter was placing bets with me on what day it would come on next.

Top Bottom