Truck Lite heated LED headlights

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Truck Lite heated LED headlights model 27275C

Any new info on these since SEMA?

Like price and availability? I believe these are just what I need.

I haven't found anything new other than a catalog update.

They are now listed in the 2015 Truck Lite catalog along side the standard 7" headlights that fit the JK(model 27270C), page 10 (found in the Truck Lite banner link on WOL).

The listing does not appear to be the military ones.

SEMA thread.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...K-Wrangler-Unlimited-NEW-Heated-LED-Headlight

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The lights are still coming and they should be available early next year. Price should be about $100 more than the standard Truck-Lite LED headlights.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Thanks Eddie. That answers that question.

I could really use them on a trip to Colorado at the end of the month, oh well. I may just pick up some LED fog or driving lights to get by with. As we all know, just need some more light on the highway at night.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Without question, snow will build up on the standard Truck-Lite's but, from what I have personally seen, not really too much worse than they do on factory lights. You need to remember that you still have the heat of the engine helping to melt it away or at least, that's what I have found with mine. Still, if you can afford to hold off for the new heated lights, they will for sure be a better bet in snowy conditions.

Speeddmn

Says you live in GA, if thats the case, do you think the new one would be the best for you in the south? I'm assuming you're looking for the heated ones. Think Eddie just posted pictures recently of his with ice build up and said light output wassnt to disminished from it. I know I would like to get the heated version since I will be back in UT and eventually retire back to MT. Just thinking that the extra spent on them wouldnt have full benifets for you.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I am in the Army, so this isn't home. I barely need an ice scraper here. Oklahoma is home and it can get very icy there, trust me.

Snow isn't too much of a problem as ice for me. And ice is only a big problem sometimes. I have been completely covered in ice, with only the headlights partially free on my truck. I was stopping every 15-20 minutes to beat ice off the windshield wipers and spent an hour at a truck stop beating ice off the whole truck on a trip home last winter from New Mexico. That was a scary drive.

Do I absolutely need the new style, nope. But if I can get it, it wouldn't be too bad for another $100.

If I wasn't a world class procrastinator, i would already have truck lites. And some other mods.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I appreciate the points of view though and the snowy experience in Nevada. I actually was wondering about your experience there.

Who knows, I may end up in Utah next.

Last edited:

Speeddmn

I am in the Army, so this isn't home. I barely need an ice scraper here. Oklahoma is home and it can get very icy there, trust me.

Snow isn't too much of a problem as ice for me. And ice is only a big problem sometimes. I have been completely covered in ice, with only the headlights partially free on my truck. I was stopping every 15-20 minutes to beat ice off the windshield wipers and spent an hour at a truck stop beating ice off the whole truck on a trip home last winter from New Mexico. That was a scary drive.

Do I absolutely need the new style, nope. But if I can get it, it wouldn't be too bad for another $100.

If I wasn't a world class procrastinator, i would already have truck lites. And some other mods.

Totally makes sense now, I was stationed in Wichita Falls for a few years. I know how the N. Texas winter ice can suck! I've has the same situation with ice over the windshield many times in Utah in ther past few years. I need a heated windshield!

jeeeep

Hooked
living in Texas and having the TL's in the last ice storm, the ice build up was the same as with stock lights so output was just as diminished and I still had to pull over and clear the headlights when it got bad. Same thing when living in Utah and dealing with snow/slush, it all builds up and needs to be cleaned off.

What I saw as a plus with the TL's was because they weren't as hot, the slight wet didn't dry as fast to cause the dry haze build up, it still did it but took a little longer.

I'm hoping they offer up some test results with the heated elements but also have decided to get some other driving lights as back up

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I was about ready to quit procrastinating on the headlights, and the non-military heated ones finally show up.

It wasn't the first time, but the drive last winter scared the crap out of us. It was extremely bad. And this coming from somebody who has been shot at every day. :thumb:

I probably only have to worry about the trip home for xmas followed by a trip on to Colorado for skiing with our skydiving friends this year. I should be able to wait, no problem. Only a 25-26 hour trip one way.

The poor lights concern me more than the ice really. But, if I can get better....

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I just saw the price for these headlights over at Northridge. $300 per light or $530 for the combo package versus $400 for the unheated combo package.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just saw the price for these headlights over at Northridge. $300 per light or $530 for the combo package versus $400 for the unheated combo package.

since you live in GA you will not need the heated version. here in PA i've had no issues with my unheated ones so far.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I am not from here and will NOT stay here (Army). I see plenty of ice at home and some of the places I travel, especially last winter.

We get a lot of freezing rain and ice in OK, not just snow. 99% of the time it is not an issue, but it is that other 1% that worries me. Last year included a very nasty freezing rain drive home from NM late at night. The only thing that wasn't frozen over was the middle of my headlights and some of my windshield (this was in my truck). I had to keep stopping to clear ice off the windshield wipers. It is the kind of drive that gets burned into your memory.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am not from here and will NOT stay here (Army). I see plenty of ice at home and some of the places I travel, especially last winter.

We get a lot of freezing rain and ice in OK, not just snow. 99% of the time it is not an issue, but it is that other 1% that worries me. Last year included a very nasty freezing rain drive home from NM late at night. The only thing that wasn't frozen over was the middle of my headlights and some of my windshield (this was in my truck). I had to keep stopping to clear ice off the windshield wipers. It is the kind of drive that gets burned into your memory.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Imo I don't think you will need the heated ones due to the 1 time a year you may see that happen to you but it's your money and up to you.

When I was heading up to Boston a few weeks ago I headed up in a heavy wet snow. My truck lites did really well. I did stop and clean them off twice but my main reason for stopping was I couldn't see out my rear windows. Other than that they were clean and worked well.

Top Bottom