Cam bolt help

silverbackjk

My jeep came with a 2in mopar lift. I have up graded to a rock krawler lift and my castor keeps getting messed up cause the cam bolts move. I have seen teraflex cam bolt washers do they work what is the best solution?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My jeep came with a 2in mopar lift. I have up graded to a rock krawler lift and my castor keeps getting messed up cause the cam bolts move. I have seen teraflex cam bolt washers do they work what is the best solution?

cam bolts suck big time for the reasons you've just stated. unfortunately, in order to make cam bolts work, your lower control arm mounting holes had to be cut out effectively making them into rectangular slots. at this point and time, the best fix would be to have the slots welded with some washers or plates making them back into square holes. anything short of that will just work itself loose again.

silverbackjk

Whoever came out with this cheap fix did not think of the stress off road puts on this part. So I should just get some super heavy duty washers and have my local shop weld them on?

Robar

The Enforcer
That's why I try to do my own work. I would rather fix my screw ups than someone else's.

silverbackjk

I normal do not get any work done at the dealer. But I got a great deal on the jeep with the dealer installed lift kit on it already. I thought that's as big as I'd ever go. But as you know it is additive hobby and I scrapped that lift pretty fast. The only think I don't do is weld and gear work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whoever came out with this cheap fix did not think of the stress off road puts on this part. So I should just get some super heavy duty washers and have my local shop weld them on?

a lot of companies use this as a cheap way to make their kits work. for street driving, it's fine but if you wheel your jeep at all, they suck big time. to answer your question, yeah, some heavy duty washers welded on will do the trick.

Top Bottom