JK Or Wait on 2018

rescue7

Hey guys,

So I ordered a 2015 JKUR last month. Turns out they ordered me the wrong color, and I just found out from dealer. They offered to reorder the correct color, and make situation right. However, I'm thinking this might be a sign to wait. I don't know though.

Since this has happened, I've been Thinking about the next wrangler, and what it might offer. I can only imagine it's going to improve, but it could lose a lot of "Wrangleresque" things. I just wish we could know more now about what it will look like; will the removable top remain? Will it have IFS, exc exc.

So, I guess my question is, should I just wait at this point, or get a JK? Like stated, I'm sure the next wrangler will be better in terms of advancement, but the looks and style could take away from what makes the Wrangler a Wrangler.

Anyhow, thanks for reading!

Christopher

jeeeep

Hooked
well, if it were me I'd wait. but, I already have my 2010 which wouldn't be a trade in.

I'm holding out for a diesel, maybe within the next 2 model years. IFS wouldn't upset me either, there's quite a bit of aftermarket options for IFS for other SUV's so I imagine Jeep vendors would be quick to release options.

What are you gonna use your jeep for? If your gonna wheel the hell out of it on rocks I'd get the jk just in case they did go IFS. If it's just gonna be a daily driver I'd wait. I love my jk and will probably never sell it.

jeeeep

Hooked
What are you gonna use your jeep for? If your gonna wheel the hell out of it on rocks I'd get the jk just in case they did go IFS. If it's just gonna be a daily driver I'd wait. I love my jk and will probably never sell it.

you know most all the leaders and winners through the rocks on KOH have all been IFS? they started that transformation a few years back, IFS is very capable in the rocks

you know most all the leaders and winners through the rocks on KOH have all been IFS? they started that transformation a few years back, IFS is very capable in the rocks

I know this but how much money does it take to get it that capable?

JKVADER

I have no idea what the new one is even going to look like but all I know I'd I'm keeping my jk probably forever. I couldn't be happier with it. NM with more mods I could .

Wardell

Hmmm. It's kinda hard to say, since we don't know exactly what the JL Wrangler will be like yet and it's still a couple years away. There are only a handful of confirmed details, a lot of rumours, and even a few things that they are still working out and may change before the final model gets revealed.

Personally, I'd say get the 2015 JK Wrangler if you really want one now. That way, you will know exactly what you are getting, and you can get a good 3-5 years out of it while you wait to see what the JL is like. Then, if it turns out that you do want to get the JL, you should be at the right point in payment vs value scale to get a reasonable trade or sale of your JK for a new JL. Worse case, for whatever reason you may decide you just want to keep the Wrangler.

Also, the first year for any new model tends to have a number of little quirks that they will improve upon quickly by the second or third year. I don't mean to suggest there would be any real problems on that scale that would affect safety or is drastic enough to need any sort of recall (Jeep generally hasn't had problems of that nature), just that they could be a few minor things that they might find ways to refine and improve upon after getting a bit of customer feedback. Because of that, I personally wouldn't feel compelled to rush for the first of any new vehicle to roll off the line. And if you do decide to get a JK first, you won't need to.

LeighP

Something to think about......resale/trade on JK's is pretty good. Go the JK now (maybe press the dealer for a better deal due their stuff up, or take the wrong colour and ask for a discount to do it) then if you like the 2018 change, then trade up.

lulu2533

Hey guys,

So I ordered a 2015 JKUR last month. Turns out they ordered me the wrong color, and I just found out from dealer. They offered to reorder the correct color, and make situation right. However, I'm thinking this might be a sign to wait. I don't know though.

Since this has happened, I've been Thinking about the next wrangler, and what it might offer. I can only imagine it's going to improve, but it could lose a lot of "Wrangleresque" things. I just wish we could know more now about what it will look like; will the removable top remain? Will it have IFS, exc exc.

So, I guess my question is, should I just wait at this point, or get a JK? Like stated, I'm sure the next wrangler will be better in terms of advancement, but the looks and style could take away from what makes the Wrangler a Wrangler.

Anyhow, thanks for reading!

Christopher

Just curious...what color did you want and what color did they order?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am excited to see what the new JL is going to offer to use but As you said, there are way more rumors then there are facts currently. For that reason alone I say get the 15 and have fun with your jeep!

rescue7

Thanks for all the feedback guys! It is a tough decision, and like stated, there aren't many solidified facts on the JL.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the feedback guys! It is a tough decision, and like stated, there aren't many solidified facts on the JL.

As much as I want and will get a JL, if it were me, I would just get a JK now. If there is one fact we know for sure, it'd be a couple of years before you can get your hands on a JL and really, why wait that long when you could be getting out and playing now. At least, that's what I think.

And think about this. The time it will take to get aftermarket parts for upgrades maybe awhile as well.

Get the JK and have fun and then look at getting a JL.

rescue7

To quote a very famous owl. "Ah 1, 2, AH 3 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop"

Rational response and recommendation. Thanks, Eddie. I am actually excited to see what Jeep does with the next wrangler. I was hesitant, but seeing the direction Chrysler seems to be going, I have hopes it will be a massive improvement.

rescue7

As much as I want and will get a JL, if it were me, I would just get a JK now. If there is one fact we know for sure, it'd be a couple of years before you can get your hands on a JL and really, why wait that long when you could be getting out and playing now. At least, that's what I think.

Canvas,

This is very true about the parts. Especially, if they do IFS. It will take time to design, and build aftermarket parts.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't wait that long for something i want unless i knew exactly what i was getting. i say get the JK now and have fun with it! :rock:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I'm just hoping aftermarket parts go down in price for the JK when the JL comes out like some TJ parts did when the JK was released. :thumb:

Wardell

I ordered tank. They ordered anvil. It actually showed up yesterday.

I bought my 2014 in Anvil, but if I had waited a few months I'd have had a very tough choice between that colour and Tank. They both look really nice. And I do like how Tank is fairly reminiscent of the old WW2 jeep colour.

That said, the dealer owes it to you to get into the Jeep you ordered, and you owe it to yourself to be sitting in the one you want. I'd be curious to see if there is anything the dealer would be willing to do to make up for their mix up.

Top Bottom