Flashpaq Question

hbkid22

I know there are a million threads on this and I could probably find something similar but to lazy to search/read through them all. :) So I thought I would ask again (and feel free to merge this with another one)....

How often (if at all) do those that have a chip change the settings? Right now I am on the 87 octane but know there is racing performance, 91 octane (obviously I would need 91) but before trail runs does anyone adjust the setting to more of the racing performance or do you simply leave it as is? Not sure if there are big advantages to adjusting it or not? Curious......

rinkishjk

I used to change mine Alot back when it was new. Now I just use the 87 performance tune for on and off road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I used to change mine Alot back when it was new. Now I just use the 87 performance tune for on and off road.

What he said ^^^. Back when I was still running a Flashpaq, I used to change it all the time just to see if there was enough of a difference to matter. After a while, it just got old and I left it at 87.

hbkid22

Figured that was the case, especially since I am not a professional and do this for fun. Just glad I know exactly how fast I am going!

t8er

I'm running the 87 tune. The only thing I may do is try the crawl tune next time I wheel.

jknikos

But i dont see a lot of difference in 87. The only programme that you will see perfomance gains is 93 performance.

TheNoob

The only thing I change now is throttle response. For on road I prefer "Superchips" setting which is very sensitive. For off-road I use the "moderate" setting.

Clark Collins

I'm running the 87 tune. The only thing I may do is try the crawl tune next time I wheel.

The crawl tune works great for slow technical trails and rock crawling, but not good for climbing serious steep grades. It seems to detune as well as slowing throttle response.

rinkishjk

I will also say I did notice a difference with the higher tunes as far as power, but I also got some pinging, and with the price of gas the way it was/ still is, I just stick with the 87.

mrob907

I too have a question regarding the Flashpaq

Today I picked up my 2012 JK from the shop. I had 5.13 gears installed (and lockers) and since I am running 295/12.50 R 17s
I of course got the Flashpaq to adjust for gears and tires. My question is, if I ever take her in for warranty work and need to
reflash the "Stock" tune, won't the jeep go into limp mode thinking the stock gears are in there ? Or is that not affected ?

I only ask because the shop did the tune for me, as they had to drive the jeep to check their work.

Sorry for being a noob. Never used one of these tuners so I thought I would ask the pros. I am sure this is not my last question.

LOL

Happy wheeling guys

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You should not have to reset it back to the stock tune. If you want to set it back to stock tune to be safe then you can and you will be able keep your gears set to the proper ratio and your tires to the proper size.

hbkid22

Today I picked up my 2012 JK from the shop. I had 5.13 gears installed (and lockers) and since I am running 295/12.50 R 17s
I of course got the Flashpaq to adjust for gears and tires. My question is, if I ever take her in for warranty work and need to
reflash the "Stock" tune, won't the jeep go into limp mode thinking the stock gears are in there ? Or is that not affected ?

I only ask because the shop did the tune for me, as they had to drive the jeep to check their work.

Sorry for being a noob. Never used one of these tuners so I thought I would ask the pros. I am sure this is not my last question.

LOL

Happy wheeling guys

From what I have read. As long as you tell the shop you have a flashpaq before and to not reset anything you will be fine. The issue will be if a shop does any tuning for some reason and you have not reset to stock you will not be able to use the flashpaq again. And if you reset it won't go into limp mode rather your speed will not be correct but the power should be the same.

Nhfd01

For offroad trails and climb I use the tow option more torque not sure if it helps or not but, it's just what I do

Top Bottom