Rear-end question

UtahJK

So, my Jeep is an 08 and came from the factory with an electric sway bar and a rear locker, but it isn't a Rubicon. I have 3.73 gears now and am switching to 4.88s and looking to order the gear sets.
With that said, my question is: with the rear locker, do I need a Rubicon overhaul/bearing kit for the rear, or do I need a non-rubicon kit? Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, my Jeep is an 08 and came from the factory with an electric sway bar and a rear locker, but it isn't a Rubicon. I have 3.73 gears now and am switching to 4.88s and looking to order the gear sets.
With that said, my question is: with the rear locker, do I need a Rubicon overhaul/bearing kit for the rear, or do I need a non-rubicon kit? Thanks.

Assuming your rear axle has the factory e-locker and not some kind of dealer installed aftermarket one, your axle will be a factory Rubicon Dana 44 and you will want the Rubicon overhaul kit.

UtahJK

Assuming your rear axle has the factory e-locker and not some kind of dealer installed aftermarket one, your axle will be a factory Rubicon Dana 44 and you will want the Rubicon overhaul kit.

It has all factory wiring and switches, so that's probably what I have. Thank you.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You have the rear locker and sway bar disco? Jeep has put the locker as an option on a few of the special editions over the years but I dont think they have ever offered the electronic sway bar disconnect on anything besides a Rubicon.

Are you sure it's a Sport? If so that's very odd. Wondering if someone installed it aftermarket. Do you have lights in the cluster that illuminate if you activate the sway bar and or locker?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

UtahJK

Are you sure it's a Sport? If so that's very odd. Wondering if someone installed it aftermarket. Do you have lights in the cluster that illuminate if you activate the sway bar and or locker?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, its a sport. And yes all the lights light up in the dash and both the locker and sway bar work great. That's part of the reason why I bought this Jeep,I paid a sport price for some Rubicon upgrades.:thumbup: My next Jeep will be a Rubicon for sure, though.

Top Bottom