Labor cost for front and rear fenders and body armour??

thechrisjones

I got quoted from 4-Wheel Parts $580 to install front and rear PS fender flares. Also got quoted $280 for the PS side body armour.... Does this sound reasonable.... I've always installed my bumpers and such myself but never drilled and placed rivets... Is it tough? Anyone know of any how to videos?

oGKevin

I got quoted from 4-Wheel Parts $580 to install front and rear PS fender flares. Also got quoted $280 for the PS side body armour.... Does this sound reasonable.... I've always installed my bumpers and such myself but never drilled and placed rivets... Is it tough? Anyone know of any how to videos?

Do it yourself. That's $580 you could spend on more upgrades. I dont think the PS flares require too much, but from what I've heard the nutserts aren't too bad. We'll find out when I install my corners. I know a few guys around here have sworn by the Astro Pneumatic Nutsert tool, and I picked one up to use. I'm assuming it comes with instructions that should be sufficient. All Poison Spyder products come with plenty of in depth instruction (Unlike EVO :icon_crazy:) so you should be able to do it yourself.

xx-LSD-xx

Do it yourself it super easy.

Your stock fenders will pull right off. I'm not kidding they are held on by plastic plugs.

You got this! Side body armour as in rock rails? That's also easy.

Make sure you save and reuse your fender liners.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Do it yourself. That's $580 you could spend on more upgrades. I dont think the PS flares require too much, but from what I've heard the nutserts aren't too bad. We'll find out when I install my corners. I know a few guys around here have sworn by the Astro Pneumatic Nutsert tool, and I picked one up to use. I'm assuming it comes with instructions that should be sufficient. All Poison Spyder products come with plenty of in depth instruction (Unlike EVO :icon_crazy:) so you should be able to do it yourself.

Do it yourself it super easy.

Your stock fenders will pull right off. I'm not kidding they are held on by plastic plugs.

You got this! Side body armour as in rock rails? That's also easy.

Make sure you save and reuse your fender liners.

What they said!

jmatta33

I did my PSC fenders myself. you can do it yourself and save a lot of money. some advice I have before you start the project however....

1. Use a step bit (the narrower the better) to drill holes in the body.
2. you need as many C clamps or ratchet straps that you can get your hands on to keep everything in place.
3. you also want to get a nut-sert installation tool as opposed to using the bolt and impact gun method.
4. it will be a thousand times easier if you have a second set of hands!
5. only other thing i can say is take your time and make sure you mark and drill your holes right. if you drill them 1/4 off, you may as well consider that bolt a lost cause because that steel dont flex lol.
6. use masking tape under the areas where they will be mounted and on the body surrounding it, as you will be taking them on and off and will likey scratch the paint if you dont put tape on there. just make sure to remove before final install.
7. this is optional but I used rubber sealing spray on the parts that go against the body instead of getting the rubber gaskets. worked great and a lot easier to deal with then those gaskets they make...

It was a pain in the ass for me because I did it solo and used regular bits when I was drilling the holes. the regular bits kept snagging and messing up the holes which made it difficult getting everything to line up. at the end of the day I managed to get them on alone but I would highly recommend at least one person to help you.

JRied

Just installed the ps crusher guards 2 days ago. It was easy, yes it's scary drilling into the body buy if you take your time measuring your holes you'll be fine. I didn't have C clamps so I had my brother hold it in place and we marked the holes with a marker, then center punched them, then drilled them, then painted the bare metal and deburred. I bought a nutcert tool from zoro tools for a lot cheaper then what granger sells it for. Save your $500+ dollars and do it yourself. I also drilled and installed 40 nutcerts on my jK installing Smittybilt body armor a cpl months ago and that time I had never done it before. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421249723.294094.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421249733.630995.jpg

Just have to drill out the reverse lights since it got real late. And we plan on painting his jeep a darker color. He had his guards linexd

2011jk

Comparing labor never works, one guy just slaps shit on the other takes his time and does a perfect job. So who do you want to do the labor;)

Trail JK

I did my PSC fenders myself. you can do it yourself and save a lot of money. some advice I have before you start the project however....

1. Use a step bit (the narrower the better) to drill holes in the body.
2. you need as many C clamps or ratchet straps that you can get your hands on to keep everything in place.
3. you also want to get a nut-sert installation tool as opposed to using the bolt and impact gun method.
4. it will be a thousand times easier if you have a second set of hands!
5. only other thing i can say is take your time and make sure you mark and drill your holes right. if you drill them 1/4 off, you may as well consider that bolt a lost cause because that steel dont flex lol.
6. use masking tape under the areas where they will be mounted and on the body surrounding it, as you will be taking them on and off and will likey scratch the paint if you dont put tape on there. just make sure to remove before final install.
7. this is optional but I used rubber sealing spray on the parts that go against the body instead of getting the rubber gaskets. worked great and a lot easier to deal with then those gaskets they make...

It was a pain in the ass for me because I did it solo and used regular bits when I was drilling the holes. the regular bits kept snagging and messing up the holes which made it difficult getting everything to line up. at the end of the day I managed to get them on alone but I would highly recommend at least one person to help you.

^^^this is good advice and realistic. Yes you can do it yourself. The side armor will be a pain in the ass. The nut sert tool is a must and not the easiest to use. Personally, I'd do rock skins but would prob pay someone to do the rear side armor.

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ I'm confused, was I supposed to install those myself? And for the record I drilled 4 and 1/8 nutsert holes. That's almost a 1/4 of one whole rock skin. :eek::cheesy:

Trail JK

^^^ I'm confused, was I supposed to install those myself? And for the record I drilled 4 and 1/8 nutsert holes. That's almost a 1/4 of one whole rock skin. :eek::cheesy:

The side rockskins are one thing and can be done pretty easily but the rear corner rockskins are another thing. I'd pay to have the rear corner rockskins put on.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Throw a pizza and beer party at your house and watch fellow jeepers come out of the woodwork to come over and help you.

Skid_Kid

Throw a pizza and beer party at your house and watch fellow jeepers come out of the woodwork to come over and help you.

Has to be a morning job with donuts and coffee. Trust me there is a few of us that know, once the pizza and beer flows, not a damn thing but jackassry gets done!!!!! :doh::doh:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Has to be a morning job with donuts and coffee. Trust me there is a few of us that know, once the pizza and beer flows, not a damn thing but jackassry gets done!!!!! :doh::doh:

Well how about an axle swap when it's 80% humidity and 95 awesome California degrees out? :banghead: :cheesy:

Top Bottom