Labor cost for front and rear fenders and body armour??

thechrisjones

I did my PSC fenders myself. you can do it yourself and save a lot of money. some advice I have before you start the project however....

1. Use a step bit (the narrower the better) to drill holes in the body.
2. you need as many C clamps or ratchet straps that you can get your hands on to keep everything in place.
3. you also want to get a nut-sert installation tool as opposed to using the bolt and impact gun method.
4. it will be a thousand times easier if you have a second set of hands!
5. only other thing i can say is take your time and make sure you mark and drill your holes right. if you drill them 1/4 off, you may as well consider that bolt a lost cause because that steel dont flex lol.
6. use masking tape under the areas where they will be mounted and on the body surrounding it, as you will be taking them on and off and will likey scratch the paint if you dont put tape on there. just make sure to remove before final install.
7. this is optional but I used rubber sealing spray on the parts that go against the body instead of getting the rubber gaskets. worked great and a lot easier to deal with then those gaskets they make...

It was a pain in the ass for me because I did it solo and used regular bits when I was drilling the holes. the regular bits kept snagging and messing up the holes which made it difficult getting everything to line up. at the end of the day I managed to get them on alone but I would highly recommend at least one person to help you.

Big bump!!! Going to do the front today!

Brankz

I got quoted from 4-Wheel Parts $580 to install front and rear PS fender flares. Also got quoted $280 for the PS side body armour.... Does this sound reasonable.... I've always installed my bumpers and such myself but never drilled and placed rivets... Is it tough? Anyone know of any how to videos?

Why you can't do this your self? Just asking

thechrisjones

Alright guys I officially have all 4 fenders installed! I want to say thanks for yall support and the list of tips! Without yall I would have wasted my money let some clown at a shop do it! Got a nutcert tool which made it a breeze! I'm going to try to put the rocker armor on this weekend. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422023790.869923.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422023804.326461.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422023818.054938.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422023835.542510.jpg

Top Bottom