Disconnecting front sway bar while wheelin'

Kpalas

Hey guys, I've always disconnected my front sway bar when I would run a trail to allow the front axle maximum range of motion, but I've watched most of the videos on Project-JK and it seems everyone leaves the sway bar connected. Is this a personal preference thing or am I missing something?

spinuck

Hey guys, I've always disconnected my front sway bar when I would run a trail to allow the front axle maximum range of motion, but I've watched most of the videos on Project-JK and it seems everyone leaves the sway bar connected. Is this a personal preference thing or am I missing something?

Are you looking at people who have the Rubicon disconnect, where the sway bar ends are still connected at the axle and sway bar, but the sway bar drops down?

Kpalas

Good point, didn't notice if the jeeps were rubicons. Is Eddie's a rubicon, his was one of the jeeps I saw.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Like already said the people on the videos have ether the stock electronic disconnect or the EVO disconnect for the sway bars. It allows the articulation without taking those bars off.

Panda

Just saw the EVO kit, looks cool, but can a rubicon sway bar be used on a non rubicon JK?

Yes it's done much easier with the EVO no limits as the rubicon electronic switch is the hard part to get and install

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just saw the EVO kit, looks cool, but can a rubicon sway bar be used on a non rubicon JK?

It absolutely can! My sport currently has a rubi sway bar with the EVO no limits and it is amazing! Takes 10 seconds to disco compared to the jks ones I had prior

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I removed my perfectly good motor for the "no limits". I really didn't like the factory motor. If you can find a Rubicon sway bar, preferably broken for a good price I'd scoop it up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As everyone has already stated, we are using a Rubicon e-disco and disconnecting the sway bar links is not necessary as it is disconnect at the bar itself. I personally LOVE the factory e-disco and would still be using it IF it didn't take a dump. The EVO no limits modification took care of that though. :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a sport, so I would have to find a Rubi sway bar and then install the no limits system with the EVO sway bar links?

yes you will need to find a rubi sway bar. i found a used one on craigslist for $200. then install the no limits and your good to go. also it doesnt have to be the evo links but the nice think about them over other solid links is that they are adjustable still. they are what i run and they are great

yes you will need to find a rubi sway bar. i found a used one on craigslist for $200. then install the no limits and your good to go. also it doesnt have to be the evo links but the nice think about them over other solid links is that they are adjustable still. they are what i run and they are great

Thanks for the info. Yeah I do like the fact that EVO links can be lengthened!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What are the opinions on the Currie anti-rock? I have quick discos now but was just curious.

There are a lot of Currie products I like such as their Johnny Joints and steering components and I will recommend them all day long but, I am no fan of the Anti-Rock. Up front, they are too soft of a torsion rate for my taste on pavement, not soft enough off pavement and are noisy. Nothing beats the benefits of an e-disco as it provides unrestricted flex whenever you want and can be locked up whenever you want. Of course, in the rear, the factory sway bar is all that you need and all that I still run on both my JK's.

Top Bottom