Enforcer to Coilovers questions

Yeep

I currently have a 4" enforcer lift installed and am thinking about upgrading to the evo bolt-in coilovers...

Is all that is needed for the swap the front upper mounts, rear upper and lower mounts and the coilovers themselves?

I'll keep my lower arms, drag link flip, rear trackbar mount, front lower shock relocation brackets, brakelines, and evo adjustable swaybar links..

Am I missing anything? And does anyone know if the parts available for individual purchase?

Thanks!

JAGS

Hooked
What shocks are you running with your lift now? If the king 2.5s, I'd make a jump to the DTD set up but with the single bypasses. This will allow for a future jump to DTD much easier.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I currently have a 4" enforcer lift installed and am thinking about upgrading to the evo bolt-in coilovers...

Is all that is needed for the swap the front upper mounts, rear upper and lower mounts and the coilovers themselves?

I'll keep my lower arms, drag link flip, rear trackbar mount, front lower shock relocation brackets, brakelines, and evo adjustable swaybar links..

Am I missing anything? And does anyone know if the parts available for individual purchase?

Thanks!

Yup, you should already have most everything that you would need except for the coil overs and brackets. As mentioned, I would call up Off Road Evolution and see if you could just buy the parts you need as opposed to getting the who front and rear kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What shocks are you running with your lift now? If the king 2.5s, I'd make a jump to the DTD set up but with the single bypasses. This will allow for a future jump to DTD much easier.

This is a fair statement. The 2.5 Kings are really nice and you might even find that the bolt on coil overs won't offer much of an improvement in your ride quality - just articulation.

Thanks!

I have been considering the same thing all though I do not have the King 2.5's which are actually a little beefier shock then the 2.0 Coilover so has mentioned you might not see much if any in ride quality with the bolt-on's versus what you have. But you will gain adjustability and better articulation. If DTD is your end state goal I would probably build towards that. (see below)

"single bypass" is a little confusing, I will assume you meant only the coilovers and add the bypass shocks later. One thing to note here is you will be running with no bump stops in the front until you add the bypass shock which acts as your bump stop. Also don't forget you will need exhaust mod and drive shaft for the rear with the EVO Lever/DTD

I am trying to decide on my end state while trying to be realistic. and might go the bolt on coil over route. Jury is still out and the money tree is bare. I might also be interested in your 2.5's if you decide to upgrade.

Good luck

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ Yes, essentially running a coilover set up. My understanding of the B/O coilovers though is you can not upgrade those to the DTD.

It all just really depends on what final results are wanted. Thinking 1-2-3 steps down the road isn't a bad thing in the long run.

Top Bottom