To start a build thread or not! Is it too late?

I've been a member of this great forum from about January 2013. I really don't contribute much, just a few posts here and there. I've always wanted to start a build thread but I guess I'm just too lazy. Should I start one or just keep on enjoying the forum from the shadows with a few posts? I guess being stuck in the corner of nowhere also gets me down. The local offroad "club" won't have me ride unless I remove my wayalife windshield banner and other decals. I gave them a few choice sentences.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yes you should start one. And yes you should find a different local club. :thumbup:

Rccrwlr

I've been a member of this great forum from about January 2013. I really don't contribute much, just a few posts here and there. I've always wanted to start a build thread but I guess I'm just too lazy. Should I start one or just keep on enjoying the forum from the shadows with a few posts? I guess being stuck in the corner of nowhere also gets me down. The local offroad "club" won't have me ride unless I remove my wayalife windshield banner and other decals. I gave them a few choice sentences.

I would want to know why? There are times when running nothing but the club banner makes sense. Happens here for special runs. Is it in the club rules that you can't run other banners/stickers or is this specific to WAL?

I discovered this forum a few months before I purchased my first jeep in January 2013. I joined right about the same time. I have never felt so connected and welcomed. Yes, I almost made it to a run but financial problems came. Half a year ago I found a local club on facebook. All was good until I posted a few pictures of my jeep. The shit talkers about this forum came out and I almost lost it. It's just a bunch of negative people and I don't need that in my life, too old for that shit.

Wizard

Start your build thread, it doesn't take much once you get it up to date, just a photo and a few words every now and then.

Jackal01

I never planned on leaving here. Just sad that all the fun this year is so far away and all the locals are mall crawlers and "other" forum members.

Yea. I get that. I know I won't be able to do any WAL runs that are in the one thead: distance and the money to go with it. Luckily there are many Texas Wayalifers that I can run with hopefully. I'm not in any other club. Before I deactivated my FB I surfed a couple local groups and they were just hateful people towards WAL yet none of them were members or did runs. Just hating for the hell of it or hearing stuff from other "members". I dont need that drama and immaturity.

KingCopperhead

Wow.... Unreal how petty some people can be. Sorry about your local club.

I'd love to see a build thread of yours! I find a lot of great ideas and inspiration (and information) in the build threads we have here. I say go for it.

And find a new club.

BlackHawk08jk

I say is it ever to late. I mean show us what you have goin on. O and wayalife haters don't deserve your presences anyways is what I say. But let's see the build.

KingCopperhead

I really don't. I hate build threads. I look at MTG's because there is a lot of random shit from GCM and I look at olrams just because.

And you looked at mine once because I inherited the great off roading of Central new York that you miss oh so much.

I like olrams thread, lots of good info. Cozdude and hinrichs are good too. Lots of good diy info in some of them.

Top Bottom