To start a build thread or not! Is it too late?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
And you looked at mine once because I inherited the great off roading of Central new York that you miss oh so much.

I like olrams thread, lots of good info. Cozdude and hinrichs are good too. Lots of good diy info in some of them.

Touché. I did look at yours once.

Clark Collins

It's for reasons like this that I don't and won't join a club, too political for me.

I don't understand why the local club mentioned by the OP would have a problem with WAL decals, but lots of clubs are politically active on land use issues. That kind of political activity is what is necessary to keep our trails open and those clubs need our support. I trust you are not talking about not supporting clubs that are politically active in support of public access. Apathy on the part of OHV enthusiasts is one of the main causes of loss of our public land access.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't understand why the local club mentioned by the OP would have a problem with WAL decals, but lots of clubs are politically active on land use issues. That kind of political activity is what is necessary to keep our trails open and those clubs need our support. I trust you are not talking about not supporting clubs that are politically active in support of public access. Apathy on the part of OHV enthusiasts is one of the main causes of loss of our public land access.

I don't think ridge means they are too political in that sense. The type of political you mentioned is a great thing.

Mitrig

I would say I dot believe they did that but I got about the same response from the local club since a group of "hardcore" wheelers didn't like the fact I was an active member on the forum and had annual trips with other member on here. After seeing them start a posting about "gayalife" and how we are all pompous asshole the individual who started the club chirped up and shut them all down pretty well. Called them out on using out forum for how-to guides on installs and tips on their builds. They said if they can't appreciate everyone's choices and rigs they should join another club. "We are more than just a jeep club we are a family" really enjoyed reading his post. Guess I got luckier than OP

Yep that's what I was thinking also. Internal politics of a club is what I don't care for.

^^^ This is what I meant ^^^ I just don't care for many of their bylaws or requirements for membership. Some require that you attend a certain number of outings before you can even be a member which is not possible for me as I'm away from home so much. I've even heard of a club banning the use of steel whip antennas because someone got swatted in the face with one. My response to that was that said person maybe shouldn't have been standing so close to it or should've been more mindful that it was there. We even have a local club here that won't let you go on a snow run unless you have a hard top, maybe because someone bumped a tree and got a lap full of snow, I dunno.

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ This is what I meant ^^^ I just don't care for many of their bylaws or requirements for membership. Some require that you attend a certain number of outings before you can even be a member which is not possible for me as I'm away from home so much. I've even heard of a club banning the use of steel whip antennas because someone got swatted in the face with one. My response to that was that said person maybe shouldn't have been standing so close to it or should've been more mindful that it was there. We even have a local club here that won't let you go on a snow run unless you have a hard top, maybe because someone bumped a tree and got a lap full of snow, I dunno.

Ha ha man that's some political BS. There is a local "club" that I've done some runs with. Nothing hardcore, but fun runs and family runs. I'm not a member as I can't make the meetings or enough runs, but they always invite me as a guest and am always welcome. This particular club isn't really the online forum going type, so maybe that helps to keep the blinders off.

Top Bottom