Driveshaft question

metalic

I ordered a core 44 yesterday and have a 4-5 week wait. My gears and locker for the rear will be here from northridge tuesday. My installer is about 2 weeks out. Will it hurt to run without the front driveshaft for a few weeks or should I keep it in? My wife DD the jeep and would hate for her to forget and slip it in 4H.

metalic

Nope, no problem running without a front shaft. Just pull it and go.

I've read a few of your post on this bit what's your opinion on rear shafts. I order locker and gears and held off on ten factory shafts. Should I order them and a factory spares or hold off? Truly needed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've read a few of your post on this bit what's your opinion on rear shafts. I order locker and gears and held off on ten factory shafts. Should I order them and a factory spares or hold off? Truly needed?

You are talking about "axle shafts" and not "drive" shaft, right? If so, just run what you have until you need to replace it. The factory shafts are plenty strong or at least, they will last a while. You'll most likely bend a flange on one eventually and I would replace them at that time with an aftermarket shaft if only because they cost less than OE.

AcB-jk

Have another drive shaft question. What's the opinions on Adams Vs Re Reel Vs Coastal. And will the 1350's fit fine in the sport with the 1350 yoke. I'm semi clueless when it comes to the yokes and driveshaft stuff. I'd greatly appreciate some advice and clarification and what the yoke is. I feel really stupid for asking these questions :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Have another drive shaft question. What's the opinions on Adams Vs Re Reel Vs Coastal. And will the 1350's fit fine in the sport with the 1350 yoke. I'm semi clueless when it comes to the yokes and driveshaft stuff. I'd greatly appreciate some advice and clarification and what the yoke is. I feel really stupid for asking these questions :cheesy:

Yes 1350 will be fine. Adams and JEReel would be my top two choices. Both great companies.

Top Bottom