Another Question

yoyoyeo02

I know I have a lot of them, but I like to learn more from others than my own mistakes..😊 J/K.. So, for winch mounting. The Jeep I picked up already has a stubbed stock front bumper. Would you leave it and mount the winch over, or go for a bumper that has the winch mount down inside? Which is better/stronger setup? Pics?? Thanks again for humoring all my questions..

YOYO

Clark Collins

DSCF1853 (800x450).jpg I just bought a winch mounting plate and am happy with this set-up. All the aftermarket bumper are heavy and expensive.

Jackal01

All the aftermarket bumper are heavy and expensive.

This is a subjective statement that doesn't really help him make up his mind.

Do whatever you think looks the best, yoyo. If you like your stubbed OEM bumper, buy a winch plate and mount the winch there. Otherwise, shop the tons of bumpers out there and go with that. Picking my front bumper was one of the "hardest" decisions I have had to make thus far. There were just so many options...almost too many. But I do love my PSC Brawler Lite. :thumb:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I know I have a lot of them, but I like to learn more from others than my own mistakes.. J/K.. So, for winch mounting. The Jeep I picked up already has a stubbed stock front bumper. Would you leave it and mount the winch over, or go for a bumper that has the winch mount down inside? Which is better/stronger setup? Pics?? Thanks again for humoring all my questions..

YOYO

I did the winch plate over the stock bumper here. I don't know if it is "stronger" however, it is a convient set up while I save up funds for a real bumper combo. Personally, today I'm leaning towards LoD front and rear. Tomorrow will most likely be different.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a stock bumper, you'll be fine to just mount a winch plate on top and call it a day.

Top Bottom