Do I need a new aftermarket driveshaft?

I just did a 3.5 inch rubicon express lift on my 2014 JKU do I need an aftermarket driveshaft? Will the factory driveshaft rub into my transmission and cause tearing?

t8er

I have the same lift on my 14. You'll need either a new driveshaft, exhaust spacer or you can do the AFE y pipe. It's just clearance for the crossover. Also if you get a new shaft you can get the shocks from their 4.5" lift for some more droop.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have the same lift on my 14. You'll need either a new driveshaft, exhaust spacer or you can do the AFE y pipe. It's just clearance for the crossover. Also if you get a new shaft you can get the shocks from their 4.5" lift for some more droop.

All the shocks will do is make your coils unseat.

Also the steep angle of the cv makes the driveshaft go out also. There is many reasons to get aftermarket.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, installing an exhaust spacer will only prevent the slip shaft boot from getting damaged. The steepness of the angle will cause the CV boot to fail prematurely as well. In other words, a new shaft is something that you want up front.

JKALLTHEWAY

I learned the hard way, I broke my front ds on the John bull trail. Still had a blast but should have changed it before. I have a 2014 jku with Je-Reels front and back now. With a 4" Rockcrawler lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

t8er

All the shocks will do is make your coils unseat.

Also the steep angle of the cv makes the driveshaft go out also. There is many reasons to get aftermarket.

Definitely agree on the angle making the driveshaft go out. It's not an immediate issue but yes I do know it will go out.

Top Bottom