Wrangler Competitor - The Hummer H4 : Yea or Nay?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
78952f10-a707-11e4-b723-09272bb483f0_Hummer-HX_Concept_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_0.jpg

So, for those of you who remember, well before the end of Hummer as a brand, GM was kicking around the idea of releasing a Wrangler killer and it was going to be, the H4. The photo above is a concept of what was known as the HX and GM had released back at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show. Among other things, it came equipped with a 302-hp V-6, removable roof panels and even had 24 inches of ground clearance. Of course, the economy tanked, GM went bankrupt and the Hummer brand went defunct.

With gas prices coming down, Wrangler sales through the roof, there is good reason to believe that GM will want a piece of the action and would most likely do it with something like the H4. So, what I want to know is, what do you think about it? Yea or nay? :cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That concept has been around for 10 years. I think they just change the background and color of the car and rerelease it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For a very early stage concept i think its cool looking. i would be interested to see more of what GM can pull out of there hat.

JAGS

Hooked
The real boom of the wrangler came with the introduction of the 4-dr model that helped to give it mass market appeal. I'm not sure how this giant 2-dr would fare today. The styling is a bit over the top, but that is likely just for R&D pics. I personally wouldn't be willing to dole out the cash for it though as I'd rather just have another Jeep. :yup:

If it went to market like that, they would loose the entire soccer mom market. "there is no room for car pool, my beach chair or snacks! I am the team mom you know"

Cool concept though - but i say FAIL! :doh:

samIam007

I would like to see it built with high-speed desert racing in mind. It would be cool to haul ass through the sand in that.

It's not really for me, but having said that....

If many the rumors are true about the next gen. Wrangler this could be a decent contender. I'd like to know more about the suspension and drivetrain....

Chad

I think it's pretty bad ass. Not sure about the "Wrangler Killer" title though. I'd like to see how it would perform on the Rubicon Trail.

LeJerk

I'd say it looks pretty cool like that, BUT concepts almost never look like the final production vehicle. If they make it it'll be a watered down version of that picture.

Boji

Ground clearance of 24" over the 10" in a stock rubicon would be nice, the picture although old is no eye candy but if it came with an option for diesel i'd consider... that is, if jeep don't finally release one state side first

Top Bottom