Jeep Jamboree coming to Tillamook Or.

Crosis44

I didn't see a thread about this so I apologize in advance for being redundant. Looks like the jeep jamboree will be coming to the PNW for the first time this summer. Dates are June 11-13, they have set up a tour of the bushwaker factory on the 11th and running the Tillamook trails 12th and 13th

Just wondering if anyone else has signed up, I don't mind representing WOL by myself put it would be cool if some of the Washington and Oregon folks could get together for it. I would love to wagon train down with the Washington members, nothing cooler that a line of jeeps cruising down the highway except for a big group of jeeps tackling some trails.

ClarksAdventures

I bet it wouldn't cost that much total for you to run down from where you are and do the Rubicon. Maybe I'm wrong but $250 per person to run a trail just screams SCAM to me.

I'm sure they try to put on a good event. But it's essentially 6 meals and access to trail guides. The firebreak trail can be difficult, but it's the first trail I ran with a completely stock rubicon.

ClarksAdventures

Next time I go to Tillamook I'm taking a trailer to pull up firebreak 5.

You can do almost that entire trail in 2 wheel drive if it's dry.

Exactly. And they are advertising the power line trail as a moderate trail. If I remember right, it is nothing more than a well maintained dirt road. Haha.

darthmurdoch

They do put on a good event. I have been to several. That being said, for those already into off-roading and have experience, it can be a little tedious at times waiting for those with less experience finding their way. For the experienced, they always have at least one group that does technical trails. The last one I went on was rock garden after rock garden. I broke a driveshaft and 4 jeeps ahead of me a guy broke a knuckle. Again, for those less experienced, Jeep Jamborees are the way to go. One thing that should be noted is that several of these Jamborees are on private land that you would not have access to otherwise. Happy trails!

ClarksAdventures

They do put on a good event. I have been to several. That being said, for those already into off-roading and have experience, it can be a little tedious at times waiting for those with less experience finding their way. For the experienced, they always have at least one group that does technical trails. The last one I went on was rock garden after rock garden. I broke a driveshaft and 4 jeeps ahead of me a guy broke a knuckle. Again, for those less experienced, Jeep Jamborees are the way to go. One thing that should be noted is that several of these Jamborees are on private land that you would not have access to otherwise. Happy trails!

That's good to know. I've just recently been able to get into jeeping. But I'm no stranger to dirt and rocks.

I've considered going to a couple of them, but the price and pace was my worry. Do you have to tell them your interested in more technical and they put you into the big boy group?

darthmurdoch

They check out your jeep to see which group you should be in, i.e. Lockers, tires, lift etc.. If they don't think your jeep can hang with the big boys then they won't let you hang with the big boys because it will trash your jeep and slow down the more capable rigs. Again, they do a nice job and go out of their way to make sure you have a good time.

SASI4BT

Next time I go to Tillamook I'm taking a trailer to pull up firebreak 5.

You can do almost that entire trail in 2 wheel drive if it's dry.

When you do that, please let me know, I want to go, cause I've had to pull cable the last two times I've tried that trail. Does the trail being wet make that much of a difference, or is it just the driver?

Davwashere

When you do that, please let me know, I want to go, cause I've had to pull cable the last two times I've tried that trail. Does the trail being wet make that much of a difference, or is it just the driver?

Night and day difference between wet or dry

David1tontj

Big difference, but we have run it in the snow as well- that certainly makes it more entertaining.

Top Bottom