Rancho shocks

Hot94Z28

I am about ready to order a set of 9000XL shocks and was wondering since I am getting flat fenders too if I need a different shock than what I have been quoted before? I have a Rock Krawler 2.5 inch left and 3 inch bump stops since I am getting flat fenders now what shock should I order?

dannymalkin

They type of shock will be the same, it is the length of the shock that matters. I think that's what you mean though.

Hot94Z28

I was wondering if a different shock will yield me anymore travel since I will have more up travel clearance with flat fenders? If there is no difference then I will order the size that was quoted me before.

dannymalkin

With the bump stops you have you should get a longer shock to give you more down travel. As far as different brands, im not sure. Hopefully someone has more info for you than me!

Hot94Z28

I plan on going with Rancho 9000XL's was just wondering what model number to get before I order with my set up? Don't want to order and should of went with a different size.

Hot94Z28

I will have to check this thread when I wake back up working midnights suck I will have to order the shocks when I get up I guess. Also thank you for everyone that answers my questions in this thread I just want to make sure I order the right size shock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can't get anymore up travel then what your bumpstops allow.

This ^^^^

I should also note that bumpstops and the proper amount of extensions (about the same height as you have lift) is essential to help prevent your coils from over compressing or going solid.

CrazyLarry

I have a 3" lift with these shocks. Model #'s 329/330. No problems here. Lots of droop.

Same here my coils actually get veeeeeery loose at full droop. They would definately unseat if not for my lower retainers. I may have to get an upper retainer as well. Those 29/30 shocks are good for anything under 4 inches of lift

Hot94Z28

So the part number with 29/30 at the end is what I want? Thank you for your answers I was curious since I was getting flat fenders too.

Top Bottom