Currie AntiRock Sway Bar or King Bumps

SFNick

So I have been looking at getting a AntiRock swaybar for quite awhile now. I have recently seen a price spike in them & decided I better pull the trigger before all the vendors switch to the new price, which is around $100.00 more. I have ran without a swaybar for over a year & just recently reinstalled the factory Sport swaybar when installing EVO bolt on coilovers. I really like the feel of having a swaybar again. My question is, what will benefit me more having a AntiRock sway bar or getting a pair of King Bump stops? Valentine's set me back so I can't get both. Lol

upnover

If its the front bumps, yes do those. I always think about getting an anti rock, but other stuff to do. The air bumps though are money. I need to get the rear done.

StrizzyChris

When I think of antirock.....I think of a squeaky worst of both worlds scenario. In the front, it will not give you the feel of a solid sway bar going down the road and won't give you the truly free wheel travel that you get when disconnected. In the rear, I find the stock swaybar to be very soft when off road and never limits my travel.

SFNick

Thanks for the info guys. I guess AntiRocks suck. Those that have the front King Bump stops do you feel like they are worth the cost?

AncientTrail

Thanks for the info guys. I guess AntiRocks suck. Those that have the front King Bump stops do you feel like they are worth the cost?

I have AntiRocks front and rear on my '12 JKUR and love 'em. Yes,you have some body roll,but nothing you can't get used to. In the rocks and any where else they feel awesome to me. But, I like the soft feel vs. hard. I like to feel my suspension working. No squeaking either.

Good Luck :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I would save your money on both. Don't need air bumps if you're not driving hard and fast and I've never been that impressed with the Anti-Rock. If you really want a sway bar again but don't want to deal with disconnecting the links, G2 is coming out with a nice sway bar setup that's similar to factory e-disco. Or, if you can find a used e-disco (even if it's broken), I would go that route and install an EVO no limits knob.

2011jk

I have AntiRocks front and rear on my '12 JKUR and love 'em. Yes,you have some body roll,but nothing you can't get used to. In the rocks and any where else they feel awesome to me. But, I like the soft feel vs. hard. I like to feel my suspension working. No squeaking either.

Good Luck :beer:

Same results but I'm running a ORO sway lock in the front, good as a stock front sway bar on the street and on the trail works good with the rear .9" currie bar.

I also have King bumps frt and rear.

SFNick

Alrighty, well I don't go fast & I've read bad things about the AntiRock. So, I guess I'll be looking for a Rubi swaybar or waiting on the G2 options. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom