Gussets on rear axle

Randonizer

This may be a dumb question but I did do some searching and couldn't find an answer. I have some 37s sitting in my garage and just ordered some c gussets for my front 44 to install before I change tires. Now my question is why am I not buying gussets for my rear 44? Everyone always says to gusset the front c's but never the rear. I'm just curious as to why not and if you even need to. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
There are no c's on the rear axle. Only have c's on steering axles. Never on rear unless you do rear steer and essential put a front axle on the rear too

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your rear axle will not have knuckles that can bend and therefore, it does not need gussets.

EDIT: LOL - looks like I got beat to the punch :D

Randonizer

There are no c's on the rear axle. Only have c's on steering axles. Never on rear unless you do rear steer and essential put a front axle on the rear too

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like I said it was probably a dumb question. Just sitting here bored at work and didn't even bother to go look at the rear axle.

Well another question, should I need to worry about the rear axle at all when being on 37s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said it was probably a dumb question. Just sitting here bored at work and didn't even bother to go look at the rear axle.

Well another question, should I need to worry about the rear axle at all when being on 37s

If you plan bombing your Jeep across the desert, yes. If not, no. The factory Dana 44 is a true 44 in that it actually has 3" tubes and will do just fine for most people.

Randonizer

Your rear axle will not have knuckles that can bend and therefore, it does not need gussets.

EDIT: LOL - looks like I got beat to the punch :D

That's why I love this forum because of how quickly people will reply to a new topic. Unlike others where it takes hours or days to get a response.

Randonizer

If you plan bombing your Jeep across the desert, yes. If not, no. The factory Dana 44 is a true 44 in that it actually has 3" tubes and will do just fine for most people.

Yeah no deserts where I live haha. So I'll be good then. Thanks for the quick responses.

Top Bottom