Carpet Replacement

nknacd

So with the weather getting nicer I was thinking of removing my carpet for the off chance it rains when I have the top off. I have rubber mats in the front and was wondering if anyone else uses just rubber mats and how they fare with the doors off? Do they flap around too much? Don't have the money to rino line the inside as there are other parts that need more attention as I'm saving up to regear.

Or what do you guys use with the carpet out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about anyone else but, I just run doorless and topless all summer WITH the carpet in. If it rains, pull the drain plugs and call it a day.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So with the weather getting nicer I was thinking of removing my carpet for the off chance it rains when I have the top off. I have rubber mats in the front and was wondering if anyone else uses just rubber mats and how they fare with the doors off? Do they flap around too much? Don't have the money to rino line the inside as there are other parts that need more attention as I'm saving up to regear.

Or what do you guys use with the carpet out?

I ran this way for about a year. I used the Mopar slush mats on the bare floor. They moved around all the time, and generally I did not like the setup. I ended up putting the carpet back in. I now run with BedTred that I modified to use the slush mats with, and so far I am loving not having water in my floorboards or soggy carpet. To be fair, It rains here in SC alot, so my floor constantly had water in it. Now I just run with the drain plugs removed and the BedTred, so far all the water has drained right out with no issues. I rarely even see water anymore.
If your just worried about the 'off chance' that you might get caught in the rain, just pull the drain plugs and run with the carpet in and youll be perfectly fine. :twocents:

toxicwaste29

I've had mine poured on a few times with it naked and carpet on the floors. One time the cup holders were overfilled with water. Each time I just rolled back the carpet and pulled the drain plugs. You just have to deal with the musty carpet smell for a few days.

Top Bottom