Is this a good deal and will it work

brooklyn4x4

I found a Rubicon 44 front axle, 4.10 gearing, Factory E-Locker, EVO Gussetts, EVO LCA Skids, EVO Track Bar Relocation/Steering Bracket, ~13k miles - $2,000

is this a good deal or is the seller asking to much?

Also i will be replacing my d30 from my 2007 sport which has 4.10 gears, will everything match up and will it bolt right in, will the evo track bar relocation and steering bracket work with my stock components, and what will i need to get the factory locker to work?

thanks in advance for an advice

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It's not bent? Why is he selling it? If it has a raised track bar bracket, you'll want to flip your drag link.
Your jeep has a d30 with 4.10?
Anyways, it's your call if you think it's worth it. Me, that's half way to a pr44.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Way too much in my opinion unless it's brand new. Maybe worth $1200 at most. For $2k, you'd be better off playing with what you got while you saved a bit more and get a ProRock 44 instead.

brooklyn4x4

It's not bent? Why is he selling it? If it has a raised track bar bracket, you'll want to flip your drag link.
Your jeep has a d30 with 4.10?
Anyways, it's your call if you think it's worth it. Me, that's half way to a pr44.
No according to the seller it's not bent he's selling because he's up grading to a pr60. He's also selling his built pr 44 for 5k.
Yea I have a d30 with 4.10 from the factory I thought It was weird to I bought it used but I looked up the factory build sheet and it says it. My jeeps an early 2007 I'm guessing it was a special order or something like that.

brooklyn4x4

Way too much in my opinion unless it's brand new. Maybe worth $1200 at most. For $2k, you'd be better off playing with what you got while you saved a bit more and get a ProRock 44 instead.

I was planning on waiting but I got in to a car accident and my wheel took a direct hit so it bent my axel. So I kind of need an axel now and my insurance company only wants to pay for a used d30 which I'm in the process of fighting with them about.

CanadianJK72

I would have to agree with wayalife , that's a little much for a factory rubicon with a couple goodies , at that point as someone else mentioned your half way to a pr40

toxicwaste29

You could have your axle re straightened and pocket the money saved for the time being then buy a pr44 with the money eventually saved. When I bought my jeep salvaged I had the axle re straightened by a guy that does drag racing stuff and so far I have had no issues but it is only a bandaid and it also depends on exactly what and how badly bent it is. I have had only 40k miles on mine and maybe one or two wheeling trips

Mjay

You might be able to talk him down to $1500?? I wouldn't pay any more than that, but if you need an axle now and it has all the right stuff is say 1500 is worth it. Should bolt right in, locker would just require a switch to give the locker power, and the only other consideration is a drag link flip dor the raised track bar bracket.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was planning on waiting but I got in to a car accident and my wheel took a direct hit so it bent my axel. So I kind of need an axel now and my insurance company only wants to pay for a used d30 which I'm in the process of fighting with them about.

Pay for a used D30? Fuck that they can't do that. That's why you pay insurance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pay for a used D30? Fuck that they can't do that. That's why you pay insurance.

Well, in all fairness, a lot of insurance companies will try to pull whatever BS they can. As the policy holder, it's your job to dispute what they are willing to pay out. This shouldn't be the case but from experience, unless you have a really good insurance company, it's the only way to get what you deserve.

To the OP, I agree with Adam, you should be getting full fair for a NEW D30 from your dealership. That should practically pay for a new PR44.

JDDK

Ex claims guy here...policies state that they have to put you in pre accident condition so some companies will even attempt to take betterment off a new part for an 07. Get the bodyshop to push for the newer parts w your insurance co. Then renegotiate w shop for a pr44. Trust me...

brooklyn4x4

Well, in all fairness, a lot of insurance companies will try to pull whatever BS they can. As the policy holder, it's your job to dispute what they are willing to pay out. This shouldn't be the case but from experience, unless you have a really good insurance company, it's the only way to get what you deserve.

To the OP, I agree with Adam, you should be getting full fair for a NEW D30 from your dealership. That should practically pay for a new PR44.

Ex claims guy here...policies state that they have to put you in pre accident condition so some companies will even attempt to take betterment off a new part for an 07. Get the bodyshop to push for the newer parts w your insurance co. Then renegotiate w shop for a pr44. Trust me...

Yea they said in my policy it's states they can use " recycled " parts as long as they have equal or less miles on them to what my jeep has now. But there looking for another d30 with 4.10s so they don't have to pay any labor rebuilding the axel, that's what the insurance company wants. But I think it's going to be nearly impossible to find another d30 with 4.10s under 60 k miles so I'm gonna push for then new and have my shop tell them they can't find one.

JDDK

Or the shop finds used 30 but has to add labor and parts to do gear swap. That should keep driving up estimate costs to get you closer to pr44 prices...shops are awesome at adding all sorts of "necessary" items and labor to get the bottom line up. Most will beat up the adjuster but cut out big chunks for the customer directly. If not, go to another shop.

brooklyn4x4

They "should" just write you a check.

Or the shop finds used 30 but has to add labor and parts to do gear swap. That should keep driving up estimate costs to get you closer to pr44 prices...shops are awesome at adding all sorts of "necessary" items and labor to get the bottom line up. Most will beat up the adjuster but cut out big chunks for the customer directly. If not, go to another shop.

My shop is good there working with me they know what I want. They already got me 750 for a new bumper when all that was wroung was the powder coat got chipped so there helping me out.

Top Bottom