Putting lift on this week... Any tips?

Exodus 4x4

So after 4 months I've decided it's time to lift this thing. I recently just rolled over 8k miles on my 2015 Rubicon unlimited. Purchased an Old Man Emu 4" kit, 17" ATX Ravines, and 35" Cooper STT's. Monday it's all going on in hopes of getting the measurements for new driveshafts to Adams in time to get them to me by the end of next week. This is my first time with a jeep and was wondering if you guys had any tips on what to expect or watch out for? Have I missed something?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Buy a set of adjustable front lower control arms and throw away those little brackets or whatever they use for caster correction.

BlackHawk08jk

Take your time, check all your bolts( don't leave your track bar bolt loose lol) If you going over 3" with an auto trany replace your front ds

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Any particular brand recommended? I kind of need to get them here before Monday if that's the case.

Evo or Currie. Watch the install video as someone mentioned, hacking up the mounts just doesn't seem the best way to correct caster.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree with Olram30, ditch the stupid cam bolts as they will require you to cut up your perfectly good control arm mounts. A set of good control arms is what I would recommend instead. Currie or EVO are good choices.

Exodus 4x4

I'd have to agree with Olram30, ditch the stupid cam bolts as they will require you to cut up your perfectly good control arm mounts. A set of good control arms is what I would recommend instead. Currie or EVO are good choices.

Will do. So after a little research it seems there might be some confusion as to what the correct length is on the new adjustable control arms. Where's a good place to start and how do I know when I've got it right?

Check out Project-JK.com and some of the writes there on how to install a lift. If memory serves me there is an OME lift there.

Side note what part of Texas? I am in the DFW area and have 4 heavy duty jack stands available.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will do. So after a little research it seems there might be some confusion as to what the correct length is on the new adjustable control arms. Where's a good place to start and how do I know when I've got it right?

There's no confusion, you just need to set them so that you have proper caster which is +4°. A good starting point is 23" eye to eye if you just have adjustable front lower arms. Depending on how much lift you actually get, you will most likely need to shorten that up a bit. This write-up will help you to set your caster

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Exodus 4x4

Check out Project-JK.com and some of the writes there on how to install a lift. If memory serves me there is an OME lift there.

Side note what part of Texas? I am in the DFW area and have 4 heavy duty jack stands available.

Appreciate the offer but I'll be installing the lift in my buddies shop in Beeville, way south of DFW.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
This will help a lot!!!
Read over the install instructions now and make sure your buddy has all the needed tools.
You have the drive shafts addressed, so no need to modify the exhaust.
If you don't want to do control arms, you can also look at control arm correction brackets.
Good luck!

Appreciate the offer but I'll be installing the lift in my buddies shop in Beeville, way south of DFW.

Top Bottom