Rock Rails/Silders

Randonizer

So just put 37s on my rubicon and of course the rock rails rub the tires. Was gonna just cut them but may just buy new ones. I know a lot of people run the Evo sliders. I kinda want some suggestions for a rock rail that can also function as a step to help get into the jeep. I saw that shittybilt has something like I'm looking for but I don't know if I could trust them. Seeing what you folks are running. Thanks in advance.

JK2DR

Im running the ace sliders. Stick out far enough to be used as steps. Held my jeep up and has saved me many times

Attachments

• 1426540228810.jpg
    1426540228810.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 1426540242226.jpg
    1426540242226.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 292

Peak

There's an option on the EVO Sliders that provide a lower angle that allows them to function more as a step

Randonizer

Im running the ace sliders. Stick out far enough to be used as steps. Held my jeep up and has saved me many times

Never heard of these before but just looked them up and read a bunch of positives about them. Maybe what I'll end up getting. Thanks

JK2DR

Never heard of these before but just looked them up and read a bunch of positives about them. Maybe what I'll end up getting. Thanks

Ive had them for just about a year and love them. The only complaint i have is if you run them without the rubi rails there is the big gap between the body and rails.

aermotor

I love me some OR-Fab sliders. Bolt on and full pinch seem etc. coverage, they are awesome and non-permanent.

It also sounds like your rear axles needs to move back a bit possibly.

sliders1.jpg

sliders3.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Check out the LOD brand also. If I remember correctly they serve as a slider and have a built in step. I have not seen them in person though so I cant really comment on them. Also as mentioned the EVO ones can be ordered with a different angle to help as a step.

Jake Wilson

Yea LOD makes ones like that. I will be getting them because like you I would like a step. Plus they are made in the USA.

So just put 37s on my rubicon and of course the rock rails rub the tires. Was gonna just cut them but may just buy new ones. I know a lot of people run the Evo sliders. I kinda want some suggestions for a rock rail that can also function as a step to help get into the jeep. I saw that shittybilt has something like I'm looking for but I don't know if I could trust them. Seeing what you folks are running. Thanks in advance.
Two options.

Tubular style with a bar that acts like a comfortable 4" step:
http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6009.htm

rh-6008-2T.jpg

Boat side slider with a smooth or tread plate 4" step that fully protects your pinch seam and frame rails:
Smooth: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6006-s.htm
Tread: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6006-t.htm

RH-6006-T-2T.jpg

I'm ordering the EVO sliders with the angle on them for a step. I saw a set last week when I was at ORE. It looks great.

I literally just upgraded to 37s, I cut the Rubi rails and pinch seam prior to installation however I had to go back in to cut the pinch seam a little more.

Randonizer

Mitrig

A few guys local to me run them. They are well built we have lifted the rigs up off them before. Plus you can keep your rubi rails on under it. The engineer within like that since in the case the slider bends it will be forced into the Rock rail before the body

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Started with ace, ditched them for evo.

Attachments

• 1426560660317.jpg
    1426560660317.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 1426560685165.jpg
    1426560685165.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 205

OJK12

I'd definitely look to getting frame mounted ones if your gonna play in the rocks. I had a set of ACE ones on my '12 and although they prevented light damage I twisted and bent both sides and also bent and twisted my body mount bolts. The reality is these things caused me to get hung up on as many rocks as they deflected. I'm going frame mounted on my '15 without question cause if you play in the rocks you need something good and strong!!

Top Bottom