Rubicon on the Rubicon

battleborn_jk

I'm sure this conversation has been had over the years, but I'm new, so humor me. Maybe it's even been tested.

True or False? A straight from the factory Wrangler Rubicon can complete the Rubicon Trail as Jeep implies.

Not willing to wreck my stock Rubicon to test the theory, so I thought a conversation was the next best option!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, can totally be done and more now than ever before. I have seen it done more than once. That being said, you'd have to stay off the big stuff and it'll still be a long day. Best to go with someone who can pull you off of obstacles as needed as well.

Peak

Jeep claims the Trail Rated Badge is awarded after a model conquers the Rubicon but You will probably have to take every by pass they have but it is possible and would be a heck of a trip!

battleborn_jk

I wasn't sure how much of the "Trail Rated" thing was a gimmick. Thanks for the insight. I have not been up there, but I am sure you can make the trail as difficult or as easy as you want (to a point).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't sure how much of the "Trail Rated" thing was a gimmick. Thanks for the insight. I have not been up there, but I am sure you can make the trail as difficult or as easy as you want (to a point).

Well, I do hope you'll join us on a trip sometime in the near future :yup:

Jeep claims the Trail Rated Badge is awarded after a model conquers the Rubicon but You will probably have to take every by pass they have but it is possible and would be a heck of a trip!

If they keep making things any easier (little sluice) won't be long before we see a trail rated Prius.

Top Bottom