Bugs on the windshield

I'm sure others have this problem, especially now that spring is here. Every time I drive I coat my windshield in bugs.. Does anyone know a way to stop this or help with it? Or is it just a thing you gotta deal with when owning a jeep?😂

Benito

Caught the Bug
I'm sure others have this problem, especially now that spring is here. Every time I drive I coat my windshield in bugs.. Does anyone know a way to stop this or help with it? Or is it just a thing you gotta deal with when owning a jeep?😂

It is part of the wayalife

Do not drive your Jeep into the bugs. :cheesy:

I get them here in Texas, it is just something I deal with. I also use windshield washer fluid made by rainex which seems to help a little.

ArmyofMike

I went through an agricultural area and there were so many bugs hitting and sticking to the windshield that it sounded like a rainstorm! That's just Nastyyyyyy! :icon_crazy:

I went through an agricultural area and there were so many bugs hitting and sticking to the windshield that it sounded like a rainstorm! That's just Nastyyyyyy! :icon_crazy:

You must've been up by my house. They've got the beehives set up at the bottom of the hill for the citrus groves.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The bugs have been pretty bad this year so far. As mentioned try some of the pretty blue windshield washer fluid and wipe regularly.;)

Sad thing is the windshield catches nearly as many rocks as it does bugs. :cheesy:

Seems like I've had to replace a windshield nearly every year so far.

thenaivegamer

Insect repellant

You can use SPLASH DE-BUG Premium Windshield Washer Fluid with Rain Repellant. It really works in keeping the insects away.

ArmyofMike

I've been spraying my windshield with Raid before I go on a long drive. It really works well to keep the bugs away. I also like the way it smells in the vents, kinda sweet smelling.

He, do you guys see that?
I just saw a Unicorn!
Wait, was that a unicorn?!
I don't feel so well...
Hey, I hear lights!
Wait, I think I am dizzy.
Don't let the Unicorn get away!
Why does my nose and mouth tingle?
Must be Unicorn dust!
I need to go lie down.....

I've been spraying my windshield with Raid before I go on a long drive. It really works well to keep the bugs away. I also like the way it smells in the vents, kinda sweet smelling.

He, do you guys see that?
I just saw a Unicorn!
Wait, was that a unicorn?!
I don't feel so well...
Hey, I hear lights!
Wait, I think I am dizzy.
Don't let the Unicorn get away!
Why does my nose and mouth tingle?
Must be Unicorn dust!
I need to go lie down.....

Dude! You really gotta quit Vaping, it's not working for you, lmao

JAGS

Hooked
Nothing really to do to prevent them. But after a while the wipers just smear.

I used some simple green the other day and it did way better at getting all the bugs off. Then just follow that up with cheapo glass cleaner. I also use the simple green on the grill and front bumper.

chipper

Don't come to Florida during love bug season. You'll come home everyday like this
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428425529.966416.jpg
A good sponge , soap , water and LOTS of elbow grease.

jeff_in_rc

So do those bug shields that you connect to the hood actually do anything to deflect some of the bugs? I have always wondered.

ArmyofMike

So do those bug shields that you connect to the hood actually do anything to deflect some of the bugs? I have always wondered.

I've not heard a very good benefit from them. They may just deflect the bugs to hit higher on your windshield is all! :cheesy:

Top Bottom