Bugs on the windshield

Lil Nasty

All the guys recommending rain-x or similar rain repellent/bug cutter. Do you find that it diminishes the life of your wiper blades quicker? I noticed this in the past when using rain-x that I had to change my blades more often then when not using their products.

I had no idea they made washer fluid that helped with bugs hahaha 😂 and do you just pour it in with your original washer fluid? Or do you have to wait till it runs out?

chipper

All the guys recommending rain-x or similar rain repellent/bug cutter. Do you find that it diminishes the life of your wiper blades quicker? I noticed this in the past when using rain-x that I had to change my blades more often then when not using their products.

You might be on to something here. My wiper blades seem to go bad quicker now also. I though it was the sun ( dry rotting them )

And yes, just pour it in the washer fluid reservoir. No need to wait. Just top it off. Rain x Orange is for cold climates. Green regular.

USMC Wrangler

So do those bug shields that you connect to the hood actually do anything to deflect some of the bugs? I have always wondered.

I can't speak from personal experience on the Jeep, but I've read that the bug deflector hood thingys actually cause more hood flutter. I've had them on work vehicles, (non-Jeep), and all they seem to do is rattle and break. Meanwhile, the bugs keep piling up...

mjones329

Rainx bug again

coincident Jeep has a one gallon reservoir and Rainx Bug comes in one gallon containers, I think NOT.

:D

Txjkjpr

It may sound stupid, but take a can of coke and pour it across the top of your windshield and and give it a few minutes. The acid in the coke will loosen the bugs and dirt right up and it can be washed off with water, and it won't harm your paint.

I actually experienced the opposite. I feel like my blades have lasted longer.

I do buy high quality blades though. I've been on the same pair for over 3. I just had one start skipping last week so it's time to replace them.

Top Bottom