Where is your CB mounted?

HIlife

Hopefully this is the write section to post this, sorry I am new to this site. Let me know if it is not and I will move it!
But, I am looking into getting a CB radio and am looking for mounting location ideas. I preferably want it somewhat out of sight (not right on dash at least) I am looking into getting the Cobra 29, and I know it is a little large.

PICTURES would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

SFNick

What exact console is this? Product #? Is it larger than the stock one? Or would that fit in the stock?

My Jeep is a 08 so the product number will be different. This is the full Tuffy 157-08 Security Console. It is lager than stock & I'm not sure it will fit in a stock console. Probably the best interior mod I have done.

Last edited:

Torqt JK

Mounted my 29 on the footman loop with the rugged ridge mount. More sturdy than you would think

LeighP

Not sure if the US style CB's come in remote box style, but mine uses a remote mount main box that up above my glovebox (I had to trim a small piece out of the rear back of the glovebox itself, for clearance, so it would close....and then the control unit/mic/speaker is simply fitted to clip on my centre console. Its a Uniden brand model.

I know I have a CB sitting around my house somewhere.. :cheesy: It's a Cobra that I had in my truck then took it out a while back, it has a handheld microphone with all of the buttons on it, then it has a wire going to a little box, then a wire going to the antenna and another going to a 12v car adapter. Anyways, I have seen people mount it on there oh sh*t handle above the glove box and I like the way it looks. Is it reliable? and what mount is it?

Jackal01

Just finished this a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20150316_191018.jpg
    20150316_191018.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 20150316_191102.jpg
    20150316_191102.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 263

hbkid22

Mine is mounted on the frontman loop with the Zebra Strike mount.....I like it and it is out of the way.

CB.jpg

Last edited:

Jackal01

I like how you mounted the handset....How did you do that?

It is a Uniden Wireless microphone compatible with a few Uniden CBs. I haven't used it on any wheeling but did some testing while driving and it is nice. Works apparently up to 300 feet away. Speaker and mic in one unit. Sound still comes through the CB if you wanted it to. Auto shut off. Auto on just by keying up. Volume control. Comes with a belt attachment, too. lol.

A couple cons about it but it is just being picky. I don't like the cable being coiled. I would like the option for a straight cord to make running it easier. And the cradle is big. I don't see the purpose being its size because it doesn't charge it (charges via USB, rechargeable batteries). The only feature to the cradle is that it has a locate function so if you lose the mic, you press the button and the mic beeps. So that feature is nice but I think it could be done differently with a smaller base/cradle. Regardless, for 60 bucks I like it. I like not having a mic cable dangle in front of the RVM. Even with the cradle being big I think it could be used with a sport cage albeit less room to work with that wouldn't obstruct view through the windshield.

And that's not me in the vid lol

Last edited:

ScubaSteve

Hopefully this is the write section to post this, sorry I am new to this site. Let me know if it is not and I will move it!
But, I am looking into getting a CB radio and am looking for mounting location ideas. I preferably want it somewhat out of sight (not right on dash at least) I am looking into getting the Cobra 29, and I know it is a little large.

PICTURES would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

My CB (Uniden Bearcat 990) is in the glovebox with the microphone wired to the center console. Mounted an external speaker to the center of the sport cage. When not in use it is out of sight. Cobra 29 is to big to mount in glovebox. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

ttfhell

My CB (Uniden Bearcat 990) is in the glovebox with the microphone wired to the center console. Mounted an external speaker to the center of the sport cage. When not in use it is out of sight. Cobra 29 is to big to mount in glovebox. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Is it close to your snorkel?

hbkid22

It is a Uniden Wireless microphone compatible with a few Uniden CBs. I haven't used it on any wheeling but did some testing while driving and it is nice. Works apparently up to 300 feet away. Speaker and mic in one unit. Sound still comes through the CB if you wanted it to. Auto shut off. Auto on just by keying up. Volume control. Comes with a belt attachment, too. lol.

A couple cons about it but it is just being picky. I don't like the cable being coiled. I would like the option for a straight cord to make running it easier. And the cradle is big. I don't see the purpose being its size because it doesn't charge it (charges via USB, rechargeable batteries). The only feature to the cradle is that it has a locate function so if you lose the mic, you press the button and the mic beeps. So that feature is nice but I think it could be done differently with a smaller base/cradle. Regardless, for 60 bucks I like it. I like not having a mic cable dangle in front of the RVM. Even with the cradle being big I think it could be used with a sport cage albeit less room to work with that wouldn't obstruct view through the windshield.

And that's not me in the vid lol

Awesome. Thanks for the info as I will look into this.....

Top Bottom