Where is your CB mounted?

Wethy

I did. It is the metra dash kit from Amazon. It does require a bit of sanding and massaging to fit.

I usually use the best kits stuff basically the same. What required sanding the actual dash panel or the kit? And how did you attach the cb? Just into the bolt holes?

miamidiver

I usually use the best kits stuff basically the same. What required sanding the actual dash panel or the kit? And how did you attach the cb? Just into the bolt holes?

The kit required sanding. Once the cb is mounted you will see that it is a hair wider than the single din unit. I am sure it could be forced it with no mods but I decided to sand it to make for an easier install. The holes did not line up perfectly so I opened the unit to make sure I did not hit anything sensitive and drilled new holes.

Fuhaxian

Hopefully this is the write section to post this, sorry I am new to this site. Let me know if it is not and I will move it!
But, I am looking into getting a CB radio and am looking for mounting location ideas. I preferably want it somewhat out of sight (not right on dash at least) I am looking into getting the Cobra 29, and I know it is a little large.

PICTURES would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Not so much out of sight, but there's a really good write up on mounting the Cobra 29 to the center console. Looks great and I'm actually doing this when all my parts arrive!
http://wayalife.com/content.php?193-Cobra-29-CB-Radio-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Installation-Write-Up

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the question and responses.

Mine is mounted in a cardboard box in the garage because it is a Cobra 29ltd and is huge. I dont like the above the mirror option personally and haven't found an option I do like. If a didnt have a nav radio, I would seriously consider doing the double din approach. That turned out great. I did a similar approach in a 83 toyota truck years ago. That required a dash redesign, but i was proud of the results.

Keep the ideas coming.

Top Bottom