What's needed to run 37's

ATC_LV

Doing some research and haven't found a solid answer. Picking up my 2013 JKU Rubi tomorrow, and I was wondering if the axles can handle 37's. Also the clearance gained from 35's to 37's seems minimum if a lot is needed to beef up the axles. Any advantages of running 37's?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Doing some research and haven't found a solid answer. Picking up my 2013 JKU Rubi tomorrow, and I was wondering if the axles can handle 37's.

eh, it really depends on how hard you wheel your jeep and whether or not you drive hard and fast in the desert. if you're on the mild side of things and prefer crawling to speed, yeah, you can make the factory axles work but you'll still want to gusset up the axle c's. without gussets, you'll bend your c's for sure. if you prefer to play hard, you'll end up bending your axle housings, rear flanges and breaking your front shafts.

Also the clearance gained from 35's to 37's seems minimum if a lot is needed to beef up the axles. Any advantages of running 37's?

you'll get more clearance, a bigger foot print, better approach and departure angles as well as better breakover angles. it's totally worth it to do but, to do it right costs a bit more money.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I cruise and don't mash the skinny pedal when I wheel. What about sleeves? Needed or not?

sleeves are cheap insurance but far from "needed" as so many will try to convince you of. you're more likely to break a shaft any day of the week than a housing.

Top Bottom