High Steer Correction Kit

Gibbo

Is anyone using a high steer correction kit, i.e. front track bar bracket and a flip high steer drag link. It's suppose to raise roll center to reduce body roll. Just interested in some opinions.

Prime8

Gibbo said:
Is anyone using a high steer correction kit, i.e. front track bar bracket and a flip high steer drag link. It's suppose to raise roll center to reduce body roll. Just interested in some opinions.

Had the EVO drag link flip kit on my last rig and it worked great. Made it drive as good as, or maybe even slightly better than, stock. Getting one for the new rig too, as part of the EVO Double D long ARM kit.

Skirmish

Have the Synergy on mine but I don't know that it has a major difference in handling for me. I only have a 3" lift which is the minimum recommended so maybe that is the factor but I have a feeling that the springs I'm running are crap and that is what is really causing my handling woes.

I don't want to bash the company that made the springs until I get another set on to test so don't ask what I'm running but I've already changed the rest of the front end suspension and shocks all around without a satisfactory experience on road or off.

Back to the flip, I did find out how crucial it is that your drag link and track bar are parallel much more than that they are horizontal. If they aren't parallel the bump steer is ridiculous to the point of ESC freak out when you hit a bump.

KCTW

the flip kit is well worth the money if your running over 3" of lift. It virtually eliminates bump steer, and gives the steering more of a stock feel. It's really important to have your draglink and track bar as close to parallel as possible.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

as mentioned, this should be installed on a jeep with 3" of lift or more as it will correct your steering geometry. if you're sitting less than that, it is not needed and in some cases, will shift your axle off center.

Gibbo

Have the Synergy on mine but I don't know that it has a major difference in handling for me. I only have a 3" lift which is the minimum recommended so maybe that is the factor but I have a feeling that the springs I'm running are crap and that is what is really causing my handling woes.

I don't want to bash the company that made the springs until I get another set on to test so don't ask what I'm running but I've already changed the rest of the front end suspension and shocks all around without a satisfactory experience on road or off.

Back to the flip, I did find out how crucial it is that your drag link and track bar are parallel much more than that they are horizontal. If they aren't parallel the bump steer is ridiculous to the point of ESC freak out when you hit a bump.

the flip kit is well worth the money if your running over 3" of lift. It virtually eliminates bump steer, and gives the steering more of a stock feel. It's really important to have your draglink and track bar as close to parallel as possible.

as mentioned, this should be installed on a jeep with 3" of lift or more as it will correct your steering geometry. if you're sitting less than that, it is not needed and in some cases, will shift your axle off center.
My JK sits 5.5" above stock hight. tried bracket w/o drag link and naturally drove like crap so took it back off. I have got to get new wheels cause my AEV's are 5.75" back space and touch the drag link. Max back space with Synergy kit is 4.75. Sometimes one thing leads to another and another. Good thing I enjoy all of this. Thanks for everyone's input. I really like this site.:beer:

Gibbo

Another thing that worried me was drilling out the steering knuckle to fit the adaptor, once that's done there's no going back. Cheers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My JK sits 5.5" above stock hight. tried bracket w/o drag link and naturally drove like crap so took it back off. I have got to get new wheels cause my AEV's are 5.75" back space and touch the drag link. Max back space with Synergy kit is 4.75. Sometimes one thing leads to another and another. Good thing I enjoy all of this. Thanks for everyone's input. I really like this site.:beer:

yep, you NEED to address your track bar and drag link at the same time. it is critical to keep the two parallel and optimally, parallel to your axle or, as close as you can get it.

Another thing that worried me was drilling out the steering knuckle to fit the adaptor, once that's done there's no going back. Cheers.

not exactly, you can always replace the knuckle but, i can assure you that there won't be a need for that.

Top Bottom