Dual Battery Tray

baldymcd

OK, got 1/4 pounder bumper done and I am not joking, my wife came out and told me as I was tightening bolts that the state tax return came earlier than expected. This means that I can now move on to installing dual batteries to support the winch for said bumper.

Have a 2011 JK and am looking at Rugged Ridge and Smittybilt for side by side trays. Anybody have input as to which I should choose? Am I wrong with these options? Will be running Optima batteries.

THANKS!

Peak

From what I've been told the best is made by genesis. And I'd stay away from optimas...

baldymcd

i'd rather have it and not need it. plan on doing some lights, power inverter (sp?), maybe compressor if i go with air lockers so it's also a down the road decision no pun intended.

Peak

please elaborate, i'm new to this.

A few years ago Optima was bought by a larger company and as always when this happens their quality of their battery fell dramatically. I would look into a Odyssey, Die Hard, or even a Duralast AGM battery.

baldymcd

A few years ago Optima was bought by a larger company and as always when this happens their quality of their battery fell dramatically. I would look into a Odyssey, Die Hard, or even a Duralast AGM battery.

agm was requirement for me so if it's not optima that rules out smittybilt. looking at genesis setup right now.

Last edited:

sapco76

I think what the op meant, is what battery mount/tray he should go with. The rugged ridge or smitybilt. Correct me if I'm wrong

jkwebbie

I'm partial to DieHard batteries. That's what I have in my Jeep and truck and thats what my family has used and have never had a problem with them. But I've never ran I winch off of mine, just my LED light bar.

Yeep

This...

I used to run them in a bunch of vehicles... Got tired of them shitting out every summer.

I like the Odysseys and have heard good things about the die hard platinums ( I think they may be made by odyssey but not 100% sure)

Kpalas

It's not just the tray you need but a way to manage the batteries also. I had Rugged Ridge setup on my TJ, which was ok, but I have Genesis Off Road system now on my JKU with dual Odyssey batts and couldn't be happier. The system manages the batts automatically.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
It's not just the tray you need but a way to manage the batteries also. I had Rugged Ridge setup on my TJ, which was ok, but I have Genesis Off Road system now on my JKU with dual Odyssey batts and couldn't be happier. The system manages the batts automatically.

It looks super solid. How do you like the gscreen if you have one? I'm also curious if anyone has a Genesis setup with a Switch Pro...doubting it will fit or where you relocate it to.

Kpalas

It looks super solid. How do you like the gscreen if you have one? I'm also curious if anyone has a Genesis setup with a Switch Pro...doubting it will fit or where you relocate it to.

Actually I was able to make it fit. I was doubtful at first but there is room. I don't have the g screen.

wcarlson40

OK, got 1/4 pounder bumper done and I am not joking, my wife came out and told me as I was tightening bolts that the state tax return came earlier than expected. This means that I can now move on to installing dual batteries to support the winch for said bumper.

I'm curious too...... where can one find such a wife (although it's not very nice of you to say you "support the winch" )

USMCvet

Banned

Have a 2011 JK and am looking at Rugged Ridge and Smittybilt for side by side trays. Anybody have input as to which I should choose? Am I wrong with these options? Will be running Optima batteries.

THANKS!

I just purchased and installed the Genesis Dual Battery System - 85 Amp that I got from Northridge4x4. It's a great system and it accepts the Optimas nicely, though I opted for dual Odessy batteries.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431742393.078215.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431742445.576150.jpg The Genesis tray is by far the cleanest I've seen and it's worth the money. There wasn't any trimming needed to accommodate my front coilovers either. As far as batteries, odysseys are far better than the Optimas but if you want to save a few bucks, the Sears Diehard Platinum is the same as an Odyssey.

Top Bottom