Suspension Advice

Sabur

Hey guys and gals. I am looking for some advice on a lift for my 2014 JKUR. I've talked with a few local shops and a few folks in my local jeep club regarding various lifts and what direction to go. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the 2 kits linked below or if anyone would be willing to offer up better or comparable option(s). Please keep in mind I'm pretty new to jeeping and am looking for a best case/bang for the buck set-up. So far my type of off-roading has been basically trail riding but I am eager to try some harder stuff in the future. My Jeep is my DD so I am looking to maintain a civilized road ride and handling while hopefully giving myself better off-road capabilities. Also, looking to start off running a 35 inch tire with the idea that I might be able to move up to a 37 down the road with flat fenders. How much difference does doing a short arm kit make? Do I need adjustable control arms? If so is it a better idea to do a kit with that included off the bat? If I end up keeping the factory control arms what sort of gain would I expect to see if adjustable arms are added at a later time (as would be the case with the JKS kit linked below). Longarms - big topic not sure I want to go this far down the road just yet.....thoughts?

JKS J Kontrol 3.5"
http://jksmfg.com/i-20697409-jspec-3-5-j-kontrol-suspension-system-2007-2015-wrangler-jk-4dr.html

Rubicon Express 3.5 Superflex Short Arm
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Lift-...ks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R/ERE7143

I'm Looking forward to hearing what people have to say. I know this is a hot button topic. Please keep in mind I'm a noob so try not to light me up too badly.

Thanks folks :thumb:

Peak

EVO enforcer will give you the best ride quality for the price. It's cheaper than both of the kits that you've listed and its been proven time and time again.

EVO enforcer will give you the best ride quality for the price. It's cheaper than both of the kits that you've listed and its been proven time and time again.

x2. Cant recommend this kit enought. Ride is amazing....has everything you need.

Edit: youll need a front driveshaft as well (thats with any kit of this height)

NV375

EVO 3" Enforcer is what I have on my 2014 JKUR. Best bang for the buck in my book. Price it at Northridge 4x4. Free shipping and if you can do the install you will save money and learn about your jeep.

NV375

Here are some shots of my JKUR with 35s cut fenders and the 3" Enforcer lift.

Attachments

• 1433824938561.jpg
    1433824938561.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 1433825074563.jpg
    1433825074563.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 112

10frank9

Web Wheeler
If you want the best ride and best quality for your dollar go with the EVO Enforcer 3" kit with a drag link flip kit.

Reasons this kit is superior:

Comes with stout lower front control arms with Johnny joints, stainless steel braided extended brake lines and the plushest coils in the market.

You have a Rubicon so you don't need front seat bar disconnects (JKS kit) and that kit doesn't come with new brake lines or even a complete rear track bar bracket. Not to mention it has control arm brackets, not control arms.

The choice is really yours but you may regret going with Rubicon Express as the dual rate coils don't offer the same comfort as EVO plush rides.

As mentioned with any of these kits you'll want to invest in a new aftermarket front driveshaft like the ones sold by JE Reel or Adams.

I agree with the enforcer as well. If you're more into keeping it cheap and learning what you may want or need you could do a 2.5" budget boost and wheel spacers and run 35's too. It keeps everything inline so your daily driving isn't really effected. You don't need a new driveline with the BB.

I've personally wheeled s budget boost and 35's and thought it was really good. Jk_b/c_yolo (or however you spell it lol) ran all of Moab with us on that same setup this year.

Just another thought in the "budget" category.

noroad

The choice is really yours but you may regret going with Rubicon Express as the dual rate coils don't offer the same comfort as EVO plush rides.

As mentioned with any of these kits you'll want to invest in a new aftermarket front driveshaft like the ones sold by JE Reel or Adams.

I agree i have rubicon express and just built a friends rig with evo coils. It is night and day. Evo is super soft but also has a little extra body roll on road due to the soft ride. I truly like the ride of evo coils tho just really smooth for coils.

Last edited:

Trail JK

I ran Rubicon Express in my 07, it got me over the rocks but I wouldn't go out of my way to say it was comfortable. I didn't do my research and purchased based on price.

Two years later the super store type off road shop I purchased it from made a comment to me wondering why I went with a cheep lift in effort to upgrade me and I had to remind them that they sold it to me.

Jake Wilson

I will also vouch for EVO Enforcer. Amazing ride and handles every challenge that has come it's way. Again you'll need an after market drive shaft. I went with Adams Drive Shaft. Excellent customer service plus if you break it they will send you a new one. Think of it this way. It is ALWAYS more expensive to buy a lift twice because you went the cheaper route.

Top Bottom