Not a happy customer...

RKJK10

It took 11 weeks to have my rock krawler lift 3 years ago... 30k km later the bushing ends are shot... Regular maintenance I guess!? Myself and Stan at Northridge4x4 tried to order a rebuilt kit from rock krawler. Got the confirmation 3 weeks later now it's been 6 weeks I've been waiting... Can't get ahold of rock krawler and no way of tracking anything down... Needless to say I won't buy rock krawler products again with that type of customer service... It takes forever to get the kit here... Then it takes forever to get a rebuilt kit when you are in a hurry because housing is shifting back and forth...

So I ordered an Evo long arm kit. It'll be here in two weeks! I wasn't ready to upgrade to a long arm kit yet but I guess I had to...

I'm not the type of guy that likes to rant over stuff like that but when I need something to keep me and my family safe on the streets... It literally pisses me off when I can't get what I need...

On another note, I'm super excited to get that evo long arm!!!! But I'm broke now LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer it took something like this to get you something better but, congrats to you on your new suspension system.

RKJK10

It's a great kit you will love it! congrats!

thank you! I've had good service with Evo in the past, being in Canada I can understand sometimes that it could be a pain with deliveries and stuff... but I had my Evo carrier and Evo 1/4 pounder here within 8 days... makes more sense I think! don't get me wrong I liked my rk stuff, way beefier than stock and ride smooth for the first 2 years... until the drag link failed, then the bushing ends failed, then what's next? lol

Spudcannons

thank you! I've had good service with Evo in the past, being in Canada I can understand sometimes that it could be a pain with deliveries and stuff... but I had my Evo carrier and Evo 1/4 pounder here within 8 days... makes more sense I think! don't get me wrong I liked my rk stuff, way beefier than stock and ride smooth for the first 2 years... until the drag link failed, then the bushing ends failed, then what's next? lol

The drag link I got from EVO died in under 3k miles. Idk if that one is rock krawlers fault unless they supply one they make.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The drag link I got from EVO died in under 3k miles. Idk if that one is rock krawlers fault unless they supply one they make.

The EVO drag link that you get with their flip kit is just a factory RHD link. How you got yours to fail in under 3k miles is beyond me but, I'm still running mine on my 2012 JK with over 75,000 miles on it. RK makes their own drag link.

Spudcannons

The EVO drag link that you get with their flip kit is just a factory RHD link. How you got yours to fail in under 3k miles is beyond me but, I'm still running mine on my 2012 JK with over 75,000 miles on it. RK makes their own drag link.

Thats why I don't blame them. It was a combo of the synergy adapter breaking into a couple pieces giving the joint enough room to blow out when it took a hit. I'm also really good at breaking things. If you look in my build thread you can see where I accidentally dropped off a big ledge(looked like 2') and broke through some ice(making it more like 4') and then had to be pulled out with a dozer.

CrazyLarry

It took 11 weeks to have my rock krawler lift 3 years ago... 30k km later the bushing ends are shot... Regular maintenance I guess!? Myself and Stan at Northridge4x4 tried to order a rebuilt kit from rock krawler. Got the confirmation 3 weeks later now it's been 6 weeks I've been waiting... Can't get ahold of rock krawler and no way of tracking anything down... Needless to say I won't buy rock krawler products again with that type of customer service... It takes forever to get the kit here... Then it takes forever to get a rebuilt kit when you are in a hurry because housing is shifting back and forth...

So I ordered an Evo long arm kit. It'll be here in two weeks! I wasn't ready to upgrade to a long arm kit yet but I guess I had to...

I'm not the type of guy that likes to rant over stuff like that but when I need something to keep me and my family safe on the streets... It literally pisses me off when I can't get what I need...

On another note, I'm super excited to get that evo long arm!!!! But I'm broke now LOL

Couldnt get ahold of rockkrawler? Have you tried calling the number on their website or just emails. I have zero rockkrawler stuff on my rig but called them on several occasions to ask some questions about their stuff and they picked up each time. I find it hard to believe that in over six weeks you couldnt get through to them once. I agree though about being pissed on the worn bushings already that sucks

Seems to me you got a lot of life out of the bushings... I know several people here around me that can't get a year out of them. One set was completely destroyed after only 9k miles. While this time did include a winter, the owner did regular maintenance. She found a bushing going bad and contacted RK... She was informed it was not covered under warranty and she needed to buy replacements. By the time they arrived the bushing was completely gone.

RKJK10

Couldnt get ahold of rockkrawler? Have you tried calling the number on their website or just emails. I have zero rockkrawler stuff on my rig but called them on several occasions to ask some questions about their stuff and they picked up each time. I find it hard to believe that in over six weeks you couldnt get through to them once. I agree though about being pissed on the worn bushings already that sucks

I can reach them on the phone but they cant track any orders I've put in...its the 3rd time I call them... they don't respond to emails... but anyways... EVO is taking care of me now :rock:

resqman911

I have RK stuff on my Jeep but can't speak to the durability of the parts as its only been on a couple weeks.

But I find it very weird that you say you can't get ahold of them, I changed my order with them twice after I initially place my order ( adding parts ) and they always answered their phone without issue and were extremely easy to work with. My experience with them was great and I would recommend them based solely on their customer service.

RKJK10

Seems to me you got a lot of life out of the bushings... I know several people here around me that can't get a year out of them. One set was completely destroyed after only 9k miles. While this time did include a winter, the owner did regular maintenance. She found a bushing going bad and contacted RK... She was informed it was not covered under warranty and she needed to buy replacements. By the time they arrived the bushing was completely gone.

actually, I had to take them off and add shims on the outside for the last year and half lol

RKJK10

I have RK stuff on my Jeep but can't speak to the durability of the parts as its only been on a couple weeks.

But I find it very weird that you say you can't get ahold of them, I changed my order with them twice after I initially place my order ( adding parts ) and they always answered their phone without issue and were extremely easy to work with. My experience with them was great and I would recommend them based solely on their customer service.

good for you... like I said I had to reorder it three times because they ''lost'' it... so I'm not wasting any more time with them

resqman911

good for you... like I said I had to reorder it three times because they ''lost'' it... so I'm not wasting any more time with them

Cool.... Just saying I had the opposite experience when it came to their customer service, as someone else also stated in the tread. And again I can't speak to the quality of the parts as mine are only a couple weeks old

Last edited:

resqman911

And congrats on the new parts, if I had deeper pockets I would have gone with EVO stuff as they are local to me, but the budget couldn't swing it

Top Bottom