2007 Jeep JKU rough idle

GusGus23

Hey Guys,

i have a 2007 JKU 95K miles. Once in a while after the jeep is started it seems to shudder and rpm drop like its going to die but then just goes away and we have no problems. It shudders 20 seconds after the is started and only last a couple of seconds. It has new plugs and wires installed a few weeks ago. We do have a check engine code, says our EGR valve is bad, just haven't had time to fix it yet. Could the bad egr be causing this? any thought or ideas what to check??? thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, bad EGR or O2 sensor could be the cause. I would work with what you know is wrong and go from there.

shaunepaul

How difficult is it to change the EGR just curious since my issues with the PO404 sensor keeps appearing occasionally.

jeeeep

Hooked
the EGR is not so easy because of its location.
you should be able to find several how to's searching online

shaunepaul

I noticed online yes everyone has there thoughts on it just figured I'd ask all you ladies and gents about it lol

dannymalkin

Egr replacement is a pain with a manual transmission and even more of a pain with an auto with the dipstick

Pixel

Not sure if you ever tackled this job and got it fixed yet however I had the P0404 and P0406. My suggestion is to remove the wheel/tire, passenger side fender and inner fender and work on it from there instead of working from the top of the engine down. It is much easier to access the EGR valve this way. It really wasn't a terribly difficult repair however it is in a really awkward location so unhooking the electrical connector was a bit tricky as I couldn't get both hands in that area. I suggest coating the connector on the new EGR valve with some dielectric for a little added protection from the elements. Mine was filthy so mud and water definitely gets kicked up in that area so why not protect it a little more. Also be sure to order the fender clips/fasteners online first...the dealer price was just absurd and most didn't keep them in stock and no one wants to wait for something silly like that.

Top Bottom