What else will I need to install my axles correctly.

OscarMike2.0

So ill be ordering a pr44 and pr60 in 2 weeks and other than drive shafts what will I need? I will be purchasing the additional caster option on the pr44 and have been told I will need adjustable upper front arms. Others have told me though that I just need front lowers or that I need both? Same goes for the rear, do I need adjustable arms back there as well or no? My current setup is a 2.5 coils with fox shocks with all stock arms but I plan on doing the evo long arm with DTD in 6 months, so I just want to get what I absolutely needed nothing else. Thanks for the help!

(Sorry for the general lack of organazation of this post)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So ill be ordering a pr44 and pr60 in 2 weeks and other than drive shafts what will I need? I will be purchasing the additional caster option on the pr44 and have been told I will need adjustable upper front arms. Others have told me though that I just need front lowers or that I need both? Same goes for the rear, do I need adjustable arms back there as well or no? My current setup is a 2.5 coils with fox shocks with all stock arms but I plan on doing the evo long arm with DTD in 6 months, so I just want to get what I absolutely needed nothing else. Thanks for the help!

(Sorry for the general lack of organazation of this post)

Being that you will be getting your ProRock 44 with built in caster, you will need at least a set of adjustable upper or lower control arms to dial things in. Both would be optimal as you could then set both your axle position AND address your caster settings accurately. You WILL need adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle. Also, you will NEED to get a new rear drive shaft that is of the proper SHOTER length. I would highly recommend a set of 1350's.

OscarMike2.0

Being that you will be getting your ProRock 44 with built in caster, you will need at least a set of adjustable upper or lower control arms to dial things in. Both would be optimal as you could then set both your axle position AND address your caster settings accurately. You WILL need adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle. Also, you will NEED to get a new rear drive shaft that is of the proper SHOTER length. I would highly recommend a set of 1350's.

Ok great thanks for all the info! One last question. If I didnt do the additional caster option would I need any adjustable arms up front or no?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You want the increased separation. If you get stock separation as you increase pinion angle you'll lose caster and will be flighty. Get the increased caster. If you dont want to buy them twice, which makes sense, why not wait to buy axles until you get the long arms

Last edited:

OscarMike2.0

You want the increased separation. If you get stock separation as you increase pinion angle you'll lose caster and will be flighty. Get the increased caster. If you dont want to buy them twice, which makes sense, why not wait to buy axles until you get the long arms

Just not the way things are gonna work out sadly.

Dean454

Totally agree with 1350 drive shafts.

Top Bottom