Aluminum grille inserts - great protection!

Majik

New to the forum here, but just wanted to share a little incidental that I came across...

Added some RR billet aluminum slat-style grille inserts. Incidentally much tougher than I imagined. Had a large half-dollar sized rock stuck in between the slats that surely would have taken out my A/C condenser, if not my radiator. I forgot to take a pic of the rock wedged there, but here's a pic of the grille inserts that my kids installed. To me, worth their money for protection alone. Some may not like the look, but the bars are SOLID aluminum bar stock, about 1/4" x 5/8" EACH.

So... great protection, even though marketed as a cosmetic part. Good job RR. Already saved me much more $$ than their price. Hope maybe this helps someone out there...

IMG_1462.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
not really for me but, they look nice and i really like your photo. very artistic :thumb:

Majik

Thanks! I just let the kids do what they can and let the shutter fly! Its as fun watching them enjoy the jeep as it is to drive it myself!! As far as the grille...I understand. I was ambivalent on it myself, but love the stout protection... especially now! I swear that rock was over a quarter of a pound!! :)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Thanks! I just let the kids do what they can and let the shutter fly! Its as fun watching them enjoy the jeep as it is to drive it myself!! As far as the grille...I understand. I was ambivalent on it myself, but love the stout protection... especially now! I swear that rock was over a quarter of a pound!! :)

On a trip through Arkansas I got a small owl stuck between the grill and radiator of my CJ. Found him when I stopped for gas. He was pissed and got a big piece of me working him outta there. It cost a trip to the Dr. and a couple of stitches. Stick with the grille guard. They'll stop more than rocks.:yup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom