HCU issues ???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
have you checked to see if you're getting any codes yet? if it is the HCU, i would think it would start to give you some. might be worth giving it a look before you start chopping up your electrical system.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
no codes yet, started after Sandy storm hit,,,jeep flooded up & over the wheels, but nothing else seems affected,,,

hmmm, i wonder if maybe you have a speed sensor going bad. i've not heard of any HCU problems in the past but have heard of and have personally experienced speed sensor issues that would cause issues like you have described.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
wayoflife said:
too true, the water should not be a factor in the sensors going bad. could just be a coincidence.

Yep, the water over the axles shouldn't matter. I would be worried about the water in all the harnesses at the firewall.

Maybe time for an insurance claim

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
UP N OVER said:
Nah, the water didn't clear the seats,,,,,,it seems only the HCU is affected, everything seems to be working as it should,,,,harness for the HCU is high on the firewall,,,,, anyone think the wheel sensors ?? maybe the rear ones, since their electrically more exposed than the fronts ?,,,,as I said b4, its not throwing any codes,,,

Wheel sensors should throw a code. You could take them out an clean them. I doubt it will change anything. That sensor is basically sealed as well.

I've had my sensors all dirty and greasy never had an issue.

Top Bottom