3" lift on JKU: Fox piggyback or Bilstein 5160?

sahara_tan

Hey guys,

I'm planning a 3" lift and 35" tires on my JKU 2011. Suspensions: I like the Synergy lift stage 3 and I would ask you a recommendation for the shocks.

Anyone of you uses/used Fox Piggyback or Bilstein 5160? Or is there any other shock you would recommend in the price range 200-350 usd?

I need more articulation on my JK but I would like to have also a good handling since it's my daily car.

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
unless you are planning to drive hard and fast over a desert wash, i might save your money and just get a standard set of 5100's.

sahara_tan

unless you are planning to drive hard and fast over a desert wash, i might save your money and just get a standard set of 5100's.

Thanks for your suggestion. To tell the truth I didn't take 5100s in consideration since I've read a couple post about them and they were not considered that good (the comparison was between Rancho 9000XL and 5100s).

I'll plan some desert trips probably for next year. What do you think about the shocks I mentioned (5160 and Fox Piggyback)?

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your suggestion. To tell the truth I didn't take 5100s in consideration since I've read a couple post about them and they were not considered that good (the comparison was between Rancho 9000XL and 5100s).

wow, don't know who would have told you that. i've run both and can tell you that the 5100's are hands down superior to the 9000xl's. but hey, what do i know.

I'll plan some desert trips probably for next year. What do you think about the shocks I mentioned (5160 and Fox Piggyback)?

Thanks

the 5160's are essentially 5100's with reservoirs which will help with heat and prevent cavitation. i haven't run the fox but, i'm sure they would do the job well too. in other words, i don't think you could go wrong with them, you just may not need them.

sahara_tan

thanks for your feedback.

At the end I ordered a 3" Synergy kit (springs, front lower and rear uppers control arms, front + rear trackbars) and decided to switch to Bilstein 5100s.

Now I'm trying to understand the right part number for Bilstein 5100s for this 3" kit.

Front: 24-146708

Rear: 24-146715

Are these correct for my 3" kit?

Thanks

Jersey_Devil

thanks for your feedback.

At the end I ordered a 3" Synergy kit (springs, front lower and rear uppers control arms, front + rear trackbars) and decided to switch to Bilstein 5100s.

Now I'm trying to understand the right part number for Bilstein 5100s for this 3" kit.

Front: 24-146708

Rear: 24-146715

Are these correct for my 3" kit?

Thanks

Can't wait to see it!

Top Bottom