Ball Joints - Mevotech Terrain Tough Anyone using these?

dcaprio

I was looking for ball joint options for my 2012 JKUR. I'm at 69K miles and noticed that the ball joints are in need or replacement. Probably have been for many, many miles. I have research the usual candidates of Dynatrac Pro Steers, Synergy, Teraflex, Alloy USA, Crown, Moog. I also found these Mevotech Terrain Tough options. Any using these? Anyone heard good or bad about them? Any opinions whatsoever? Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking for ball joint options for my 2012 JKUR. I'm at 69K miles and noticed that the ball joints are in need or replacement. Probably have been for many, many miles. I have research the usual candidates of Dynatrac Pro Steers, Synergy, Teraflex, Alloy USA, Crown, Moog. I also found these Mevotech Terrain Tough options. Any using these? Anyone heard good or bad about them? Any opinions whatsoever? Thanks in advance!

LOL!! How in the hell did you ever come across these no name ball joints? :crazyeyes:

Without question, Dynatrac are the most expensive but they are also the best. Synergy, Alloy and Crown HD are all the same joint just packaged up in different boxes. TeraFlex isn't exactly known for the quality of their Chinese parts. Moog makes an okay joint.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They are the same price as the others. Probably the same joint with a different color and box.

Just started looking into them and I'd have to agree. Most likely the same joint bought on Alibaba only with green boots and in a different box.

Top Bottom