Ideal pinion angle

Spudcannons

On my pr60 rear axle there was a tag that said to keep the pinion angle under 0* or warranty work was void. What is the ideal pinion angle?

BlackHawk08jk

I believe that it's supposed to be just under 0 while the vehicle is stationary so when you press the gas and accelerate the shaft goes to 0 do to the torque. Don't no the exact degree

jedg

I believe that it's supposed to be just under 0 while the vehicle is stationary so when you press the gas and accelerate the shaft goes to 0 do to the torque. Don't no the exact degree

Of course the answer is to call and ask them. I know on most muscle cars you want 3 down so that when you're accelerating the pinion angle is 1 down or 0 as BlackHawk08jk has said.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the JK is no muscle car and unless your control arm joints are thrashed, there will be very little change in pinion angle when accelerating. If you run it too low, you will get drive line vibrations on decal. For the most part, I have found that keeping your pinion angle in line with your drive shaft or maybe a degree off at most works best. Of course, you're drive shaft will let you know if you've got it wrong.

JCDriller

I set my rear 1* below zero, I spoke with RK when I installed my lift and they said 1-2* was ideal. so my pinion is 1* lower than my drive shaft. I have had no driveline vibration at all with the factory rear shaft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom