Ducy Ershim Trail August 1st

BeardJK

Hi everyone, I'm planning a three day trip to the Ducy trail on August 1st. I would like to reach out to anyone that has done this trail before to get any advice you might be able to provide. Anything will help.
Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, first off, it's "Dusy" and second, make sure you DO NOT go alone. Third, make sure to top off your tank in Shaver Lake before heading out. Everything else is just wheeling through tight trees.

Clem319

Bring any spare parts you have. Take your time. Bring a fishing pole. Take extra fuel. Prepare to run out of ice unless you have a refrigerator.

Rccrwlr

Hi everyone, I'm planning a three day trip to the Ducy trail on August 1st. I would like to reach out to anyone that has done this trail before to get any advice you might be able to provide. Anything will help.
Thanks

Welcome to Wayalife. Give us a wave if you get time

BeardJK

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I plan to spend three days on the trail so what would be the ultimate camping spots?

Is the weather pretty unpredictable up there in August?

Does anyone that has done this trail before know if I will suffer any trail damage in a JKU?
(Just concerned because how tight everyone has said the trail can be)

Any other things anyone can think that I should be aware of regarding this trail?

Thanks

mcgee149

three days is a push. I did it last year with 4 rigs in the group. it snowed on us and it felt like the trail never ends. expect mild to not so mild trail damage (don't know how you drive). I got away with a brake line getting ripped out of the caliper. we lost a upper control arm mount on the axle side of an xj, a frame side track bar mount ripped off a tj and a trunoin bearing was destroyed on a Toyota 4runner at the top of Thompson hill and that's where it snowed on us.

Clem319

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I plan to spend three days on the trail so what would be the ultimate camping spots?

Is the weather pretty unpredictable up there in August?

Does anyone that has done this trail before know if I will suffer any trail damage in a JKU?
(Just concerned because how tight everyone has said the trail can be)

Any other things anyone can think that I should be aware of regarding this trail?

Thanks

I have not done it in my JK but I can tell you it was tight with a YJ. Thompson hill was the hardest part of the trail in my opinion. I saw a lot of rigs break in our group on Thompson Hill. I chose to get winched up when I got stuck because I didn't have many spare parts with me. There are numerous campgrounds and seem to be the right distance apart. The weather has always been nice when I've been.

BeardJK

three days is a push. I did it last year with 4 rigs in the group. it snowed on us and it felt like the trail never ends. expect mild to not so mild trail damage (don't know how you drive). I got away with a brake line getting ripped out of the caliper. we lost a upper control arm mount on the axle side of an xj, a frame side track bar mount ripped off a tj and a trunoin bearing was destroyed on a Toyota 4runner at the top of Thompson hill and that's where it snowed on us.

Thanks for the heads up,
How did you do on fuel being up there for four days? Was it four long days of wheeling?
I have heard that three days gives you plenty of down time to take it all in. Maby I should plan for four day. It's just my self and one other jeep unless anyone else feels like joining in so I didn't really expect to much of a delay waiting for other rigs.

BeardJK

I have not done it in my JK but I can tell you it was tight with a YJ. Thompson hill was the hardest part of the trail in my opinion. I saw a lot of rigs break in our group on Thompson Hill. I chose to get winched up when I got stuck because I didn't have many spare parts with me. There are numerous campgrounds and seem to be the right distance apart. The weather has always been nice when I've been.

Did you do it in a jk unlimited? I have spare axels drive lines and yokes because I have upgraded everything. I don't take any chances trying to force my way through anything so I'm sure I would winch also if need be.
How many days did it take you to get through?

Top Bottom